[NEohioPAL] Reviews on NeOhiopal

Ensemble Theatre ensemble-theatre at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 7 16:11:48 PDT 2009

I cannot imagine anyone saying it any better, David. Let the reviewers, that is, those who
fancy themselves as 'critics' if that is a correct appellation, find an appropriate organ (!!)
to express themselves.

 The Plain Dealer, The Sun Newspapers, The Scene, The Free Times, The Heights Observer, The Call and Post, The Advocate, The Earth, Cleveland Magazine, Northern Ohio Live. . . . .any more??? How about an independent website devoted
to all arts companie's performances?

The NEOPAL subscription list is not the place for reviews. It is vastly subscribed to by arts organization members, and NOT by theatre patrons and general audiences who are seeking an educated reviewer to give them a professional slant on the production - and a reason to see it - or NOT!!  The internet has caused there to be a blurring of lines of authority, as well as professionalism. Hence - Tony Brown does NOT publish his reviews on NEOPAL. nor any other reviewer from those organs mentioned above for a simple reason -

Because it is the ticket-buying general public that needs the information, NOT subscribers to NEOPAL. Excellent point,David. And I happen to agree with you
about Greg Violand and Mary Ann Nagel - I would listen to them sing a hardware catalog!!

Martin Cosentino