[NEohioPAL] Experienced Young Actors -- THEATER CLASSES for YOU!

Melanie YC Pepe mycp at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Mon Aug 10 14:21:47 PDT 2009

NEWS RELEASE
Contact: Melanie YC Pepe (330) 836-2626
www.WeathervanePlayhouse.com

Weathervane Playhouse
1301 Weathervane Lane  *  Akron, Ohio  44313

~Click here to take a NEW peek at our programs!~
CLICK HERE to view bios for our instructors!

Weathervane's Education Program is expanding and we've restructured classes to reflect the growing experiences of our young actors.  There are FIVE BRAND NEW Classes that will give young actors the opportunity to strengthen critical skills for the stage.

Applied Acting Technique
Introduces actors to the principles and techniques of acting, including staying in character, being in the moment, studying subtext and GOTE (Goals, Obstacles, Tactics and Expectations). This class is intended for students who want to further develop their performance skills.

Applied Acting Technique, One Act Plays
Prerequisite: Previous class or performance experience required. Enrollment by audition/interview only.
Please contact the Director of Education.
Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
September 19 to November 21, 2009
Instructor:  Melanie YC Pepe, Director of Education
Tuition $200

Movement for the Actor
Introduces the principles and techniques of theatrical stage movement and is designed to help actors develop strength, flexibility, dexterity, coordination and physical dynamics in order to better use the body as an instrument of expression.

Movement for the Actor, Character & Monologue Work
Prerequisite: Introduction to Theater OR Director of Education approval.
Ages 7 to 14
Saturdays, 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
September 19 to November 21, 2009
Tuition $160

Vocal Singing Technique
Studies proper singing technique and is a suitable for beginners to intermediate singers. Specific skills include: Proper breathing and support, singer's posture, warm-up techniques and exercises, introduction to sight reading and music notation, ear training, resonance, diction and eliminating muscular tension.

Vocal Singing Technique
Prerequisite: None
Ages 10 to 16
Saturdays, 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
September 19 to November 21, 2009
Instructor:  Sarah Bailey, M.M.
Tuition $160

Acting for the Dancer
Learn a specific and innovative physical approach to connecting to and portraying a character. Specific skills include: breaking down choreography into acting beats, creating fully developed characters so that the story becomes clear to the audience and connecting emotion and movement.

Acting for the Dancer
Prerequisite: 2+ years of dance
Saturdays, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
September 19 to November 21, 2009
Tuition $160

CLICK HERE to view FULL DESCRIPTIONS of our Fall Classes

For more information or to register,
click here: http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com
or call 330-836-2626.