[NEohioPAL] 8/19: LAST CHANCE FOR "FROM MARS & VENUS"

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:35:59 PDT 2009

Please consider joining OddyFest for its last show on Wednesday nights and
its last in the *Heights Arts Studio (2340 Lee Road) in one week's time
(Wednesday, 8/19) at 7:15 for "From Mars & Venus,"* our strange and
oft-hilarious collection of gender plays and songs.  Whether it's the
zaniness of "football" commentary in With Flying Color or the
self-referential The Play About Women or the burn-tastic battle rap "I Don't
Wanna," this show has something for everybody.

As a way of segue-ing to Year Two, when we'll be on Friday nights and won't
charge admission, we have tons of Oddy merchandise available at low-low
prices of $5-10, including *Oddy-T's*, the brand-new *Hamilton's Revenge! CD
*, and M. Greenfield's *poetry volume Tenure* (
http://www.amazon.com/Tenure-Ten-Years-Poetry-Greenfield/dp/1440159513/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250004439&sr=1-1
).
As always,* NEOhioPAL referencers get in for $5*, and if you mention the *Big
Lebowski *quote "Whoo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!" with proper
inflection and mannerism, you get in for FREE!  Hope to see you there!

*From Mars & Venus: The TWELFTH ODDY FEST SHOW*

* *

*Featuring a trilogy of gender-themed plays by Ian Adler*

*and a generous smattering of boy-band & diva musical numbers.*

* *

*Plays by Ian Adler*

*“The Breathing Contest”: A Satyr Play*

A young wo/man talks to a trucker by the name of Big Tex over the ham radio
sometime in the ‘70s. A short one-person show, to be performed by a female
one night, and a male the other.

*With Flying Color*

What starts out as trite color commentary of a football game turns into a
Beckettian break-down of language and expression. All-male cast.

*The Play About Women*

Three female characters find themselves in a play obviously written by a
man, and try to express their true selves outside of the gender stereotypes
in which they have been molded.

*Songs by Hamilton’s Revenge! and Friends*

In between the plays are songs that reflect gender roles and conflict, from
“Boy Girl Cry” to “My Name Isn’t Jonas” to a rap-tastic battle of the sexes.

*Wednesday, August 19*

* *

*Doors Open at 7:15 *

* *

*HEIGHTS ARTS STUDIO*

*2340 Lee Road (across the bridge)*

*(on the west side of the Cleveland Heights Library)*

* *

*ALL TICKETS $10*!*

* *

**Mention NEOhioPAL or one of our new TWEETS from our Twitter page and get
in for half-price ($5)!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival