[NEohioPAL] Theater Ninjas: Season 4!

Jeremy Paul jpaul at theaterninjas.com
Thu Aug 13 07:38:49 PDT 2009

Theater Ninjas returns with our fourth season of plays, puppets and
ninjas!

Starting in just a few weeks, we're bringing back crowd-favorites The
Beetlebug and the Bad Worm who will be making appearances at the Akron
PLAY! festival and CPT's Pandemonium 09 - stay tuned for where they
will pop up next!  On 'All Hallows Eve', we open George Buchner's
Woyzeck or "A Proper Murder", a dark hallucinatory tale about
madness.  In January, we're partnering with Cleveland Public Theatre
to present Lisa D'Amour's Anna Bella Eema which combines Americana
folk lore and social commentary to tell a magical, modern day
parable.  Finally, next year, we'll be premiering pieces of a new work
called A Beginner's Guide to Weird Theater, a crash-course in 20th
century theater movements that doesn't require a Ph.d to understand or
enjoy.
-------------------------------------------- Season Four

PLAY! Akron International Festival of Alternative Theatre
August 22-23
Join us for favorite scenes from our original play, "The Beetlebug and
the Bad Worm".

Pandemonium 09
September 12
Catch the Ninjas as they perform at this fun-filled event as well as
unveil their newest creation, "The Beetlebug and the Bad Worm & The
Gift of Fire".

Woyzeck
October 30 - November 15
George Buchner's classic story of a poor soldier driven mad by the
world.

Anna Bella Eema
January 28 - February 13
This mesmerizing tale is a co-production with Cleveland Public Theatre.

A Beginner's Guide to Weird Theater
2010
Avant-garde! Take a journey with the Ninjas through the last 100 years
of artistic -isms, -ologies and -ostmoderns.