[NEohioPAL] "FROM MARS & VENUS": LAST CHANCE ON WED. (8/19)

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 06:54:29 PDT 2009

Please consider joining OddyFest for its last show on Wednesday nights and
its last show in *the Heights Arts Studio (2340 Lee Road) this Wednesday
night (8/19) at 7:15 for "From Mars & Venus,"* our collection of
gender-themed songs and plays including "With Flying Color" and "The Play
About Women."  Although this is the night of lasts, it's also your very
first night to purchase the Oddy house band's full-length studio
*album*entitled
*Hamilton's Revenge!,* Oddy-*T's* of sizes S-2XL, and M. Greenfield's *poetry
tome*, *Tenure*.  All of the above for only $5-10 each.

Use your NEOhioPAL discount while there's discounts to be had before we go
free for plebian and patrician alike in September*: *mention NEOhioPAL to
get in for $5, do the Big Lebowksi quote "Whoo! You got a date Wednesday,
baby!" with proper inflection and mannerism, and get in for FREE*!  Hope to
see you there!

*N.B.: Mark you calendars now: first show on Friday nights in the library is
"Self-Portraits," September 4 and 18 (the latter being Rosh Hashana, for you
OddyFest patrons of the High Holiday-observing variety).

*From Mars & Venus: The TWELFTH ODDY FEST SHOW*

* *

*Featuring a trilogy of gender-themed plays by Ian Adler*

*and a generous smattering of boy-band & diva musical numbers.*

* *

*Plays by Ian Adler*

*“The Breathing Contest”: A Satyr Play*

A young wo/man talks to a trucker by the name of Big Tex over the H.A.M.
radio sometime in the ‘70s. A short one-person show, to be performed by a
female one night, and a male the other.

*With Flying Color*

What starts out as trite color commentary of a football game turns into a
Beckettian break-down of language and expression. All-male cast.

*The Play About Women*

Three female characters find themselves in a play obviously written by a
man, and try to express their true selves outside of the gender stereotypes
in which they have been molded.

*Songs by Hamilton’s Revenge! and Friends*

In between the plays are songs that reflect gender roles and conflict, from
“Boy Girl Cry” to “My Name Isn’t Jonas” to a rap-tastic battle of the sexes.

*August 19*

* *

*Doors Open at 7:15 *

* *

*HEIGHTS ARTS STUDIO*

*2340 Lee Road (across the bridge)*

*(on the west side of the Cleveland Heights Library)*

* *

*ALL TICKETS $10*!*

* *

**Mention NEOhioPAL or one of our new TWEETS from our Twitter page and get
in for half-price ($5)!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival