[NEohioPAL] FUSCO AND NICELY TO EXHIBIT AT SOLON CENTER FOR THE ARTS

Christy Prince centurydance at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:16:10 PDT 2009

*FUSCO AND NICELY TO EXHIBIT *

*AT **SOLON** **CENTER** FOR THE ARTS *

* *

*            *Henry Fusco of Burton, Ohio, and Cody Nicely of Columbus, Ohio
are the featured artists at the newly re-opened Solon Center for the Arts
Gallery. The SCA Gallery has received a much needed facelift and now serves
as a more contemporary space conducive to exhibiting both two and three
dimensional artwork. The exhibition runs from August 14 through October 17
and is free and open to the public.

* *

A familiar face to SCA, Mr. Fusco is an artist who excels in painting and
drawing.  He states that his work uses transparent watercolor as a means to
creatively explore figurative painting. “My paintings are filled with color
that shuns the traditional and limited use of watercolor,” says Fusco. “Many
of my paintings are quite large and this too, shuns the traditional and
limited use of this medium. I do not paint to public tastes or public
acceptance. I do paint to explore emotions in color, line and composition. I
do not adhere to a specific school of art. I paint.”

Cody Nicely, glass sculptor, makes his SCA debut.  His original interest in
blown glass began with a trip to Venice, specifically the island of Murano,
where he toured the glass blowing factory and witnessed the art form for the
first time.  He was only 15 and was hooked.  In his first year at Wittenberg
University, in Springfield, Ohio, he discovered a glass blowing program at
the Springfield Museum of Art.  He also connected with a glass blowing
studio in Columbus called Glass Axis, a public, non-profit, glass blowing
studio with everything Cody needed to continue expanding his skills.

His thesis was about the pursuit of creating anatomically correct fish from
molten glass.  After diligent work on form, he successfully created a
representation of a brown trout about 24” long.  At Cody’s senior art
exhibit with 25 pieces of glass art work, he received the Wittenberg
University’s Presidential Award.  The university then purchased a piece of
his glass art for its permanent collection.

Solon Center for the Arts is located at 6315 SOM Center Road.  For more
information about the Fusco & Nicely exhibit and hours of operation, call
SCA at (440) 337-1400 or go to www.solonarts.org.

**