[NEohioPAL] North Canton Playhouse Weekly Newsletter 9/9/09

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 9 12:04:58 PDT 2009

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
September 9th, 2009

NORTH CANTON PLAYHOUSE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

SMALL TALK AT THE WATER COOLER ends on a high note!!  Thanks to everyone who attended this first of a kind production at NCP....!!  The sketch comedy revue was a funny and edgy testament to the new works that NCP develops for Northeast Ohio.  Featuring l5 performances each showcasing a laugh-out-loud ensemble.  Notable performances go to Matt Morgan and Oliver Grey for comedic timing and originality.
Heads up on new works...soon this month NCP will begin accepting new plays for the 4th Annual FROM SCRIPT TO YOU:2010 NEW WORKS FESTIVAL.  We will keep updating information as we receive it....

OPENING THIS WEEKEND!
“Confessions from the Ladies Room” a comedy by Shane Riggs (Author of “The Lightbearer”) and directed by Jay Spencer opens this Friday, September 11th and runs thru the 20th. Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00pm and Sundays at 2:30pm in the McManaway Studio Theatre located inside Hoover High School at 525 7th St. NE North Canton, OH. Don’t miss this hilarious comedy! Call (330) 494-1613. This show is recommended for mature audiences.

WORTH REPEATING!!!!
RAF TAS TIK!!!  Remember that word....it is our second annual big fundraiser for the year!!  If you care about the ARTS then PITCH in, buy a couple of tickets and then even sell a couple! Call the office and find out how to get those tickets ($l0 a ticket or 3 for $25)....the prize????  A whopping $l000 in cash!!!  Yes, it's true....$l000 big ones....Winner to be announced at our Annual Georgie's Banquet which will be held this year on Sept. 28....

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR INVITATION TO THE GEORGIE'S YET, CONTACT BRENTON AT THE OFFICE 330-494-1613....this year's event will be held at the Marriott in downtown Canton....the committee is working hard preparing for this one.....the evening will be a spectacular MASQUERADE BALL.....come in costume...or not....a mask would do it!!

MEETINGS THIS WEEK!!!

Wed. Sept. 9 at l pm.....NCP  Arts Meeting.....join us to discuss the Event to be held at Fieldcrest....Funeral for a Gangster...a Murder Mystery!!

Wed. Sept. 9 at 2:30  .... NCP Studio Theatre.....the Encore Players....we entertain in the community and also perform at NCP throughout the year.... ENJOY LIFE......share your talents with others...they will enjoy it,  too!!!

UPDATES ON SHOWS CAST:

Funeral for a Gangster.....all parts cast....thanks for coming down and auditioning!!

Night of the Living Dead...all parts cast.....thanks for coming down and auditioning....lots of good zombies, too!!

Monster in the Closet ......as stated before.....all parts cast and they are in rehearsal.

AUDITIONS:

Sunday, Sept. l3 and Monday, Sept. l4 at the NCP Mainstage at 7:00pm
Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jr.
Youth ages l0-l8
Come prepared to sing a short song without music or with a karaoke CD. There will be cold reads from the script and a brief dance audition.
Performances: January 2l-3lst, 2010

Sunday, Sept. 27  2 pm  at NCP Mainstage at 2:00pm
The Littlest Angel
Children ages 5-14
come prepared to sing one verse from any Christmas carol (other than Jingle Bells, please)
Performances will be held Dec. 4-l3.

NORTH CANTON CHAMBER HOLDS ALIVE AFTER FIVE THIS WEDNESDAY!!!
The alive after 5 this week will be held at the DeHoff Building on S. Main in North Canton....

HALLOWEEN NIGHT.......FUNERAL FOR A GANGSTER....A MURDER MYSTERY DINNER THEATRE PRODUCTION TO BE HELD AT FIELDCREST.....order your tickets now for a fun filled evening full of murder, intrigue, gambling, dance hall girls....you name it, there will be a little bit of everything!!  And you sure don't want to miss VITO's WAKE.....to be held in his 1920's Speakeasy!! EYYYY....showa him summa respect!!
Oct. 3lst....Saturday evening starting at 5:30 until l0 pm!!!

LOOOOOSIN UP!!!  We are in need of donations of raffle basket items....naturally for our raffle baskets,  that we plan to have for auction that evening!!  gifts that have never been used, gifts from places of employment, gift certificates, empty baskets, you name it....we need it!!! So bring it all to the office....Brenton's not shy, he will be happy to collect it all for a worthy cause (that would be us)

More about Spotlight on Youth
For the l8th year, the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Stark County will continue to sponsor substance abuse and domestic violence dramas. The Henry & Louise Timken Foundation is funding all topics in the Spotlight repertoire and the Ridgecliff Foundation, for the l5th year, is funding all topics in counties other than Stark. We again thank these agencies for their support, as they realize the importance of their continued support for our community...

See you next week......keep the ARTS in your prayers....

Brenton Cochran                                      Mary McManaway
Office Manager                                        Artistic Director

Brenton Cochran
Office Administrator
North Canton Playhouse
330-494-1693