[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Cultural Arts at French Creek Announces Noon Concerts

TrueNorth Cultural Arts truenorthculturalarts at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:09:14 PDT 2009

For Immediate Release

TrueNorth Cultural Arts at French Creek Announces Noon Concerts

Third Friday of the Month Event Spotlights Great Local Musicians

Starting on Friday September 18th, French Creek Nature Center will be alive
with the sound of local musicians as the free noon concert series kicks off
its 2009-2010 season. Produced by TrueNorth Cultural Arts, the monthly
concerts will feature a wide variety of music from some of the best acts
northeast Ohio has to offer.

According to Rick Fortney, Artistic Director of TrueNorth, "We've hosted
these Friday concerts before and have had very good turnout. Now that we're
located at French Creek we expect to be able to draw an even greater
audience each month to hear these wonderful acts."  TrueNorth Concession
stand will be open each Friday Concert providing beverages and snacks.

Cleveland based singer/songwriter, Bob Sammon, will be the host for each of
the shows and is responsible for selecting the acts that will be showcased.
"I wanted to put a program together that would have a wide appeal throughout

the season," said Sammon, "thanks to the generosity of these performers and
their commitment to great music I think we've been able to do just that."

Fortney and Sammon agree that live music is better. The only thing better
than live music, according to Sammon, "is free live music." The concerts are

open to the public, are designed to be family friendly and are completely
free.

"These singers, songwriters and instrumentalist," Sammon says, "bring with
them a commitment to excellent music and a desire to share their particular
genre with a wider audience." Some will be promoting their other area
appearances, some will have CDs for sale at the concert. All be be playing
because they love the music.

The TrueNorth at French Creek Friday Noon-time Concert series takes place on

the third Friday of each month between September 2009 and June 2010. The
concerts start at noon and run until about 1 o'clock. Admission is free and
all are welcome. French Creek Nature Center is located at 4530 Colorado Ave
in Sheffield Village, Ohio.

Here are the performers that will make this an exciting season.

09/18/09: Jim Schafer opens the season by mixing active guitar work with a
voice known for its clarity and sensitivity. He exhibits a style that is
uniquely his. An accomplished songwriter, Schafer's songs are known for
their melodic balance, lyrical insight and periodic humor. Listeners often
comment on how easy it is for them to relate to his songs. He is the perfect

performer to lead off this excellent series of concerts.

10/16/09: Diana Chittester is a recent addition to the Cleveland music scene

and a very welcome one at that. She appeared on stage at TrueNorth's July
4th event in Avon Lake and her energy and original music was a real joy to
experience. Check her MySpace page to see just how popular she is in the
area.

11/20/09: The Sunrise brings a unique mix of uplifting original music and
covers of classic rock and folk tunes to the TrueNorth stage. This acoustic
duo features guitar and keyboard and some really nice vocals. One of their
original songs makes the case that Christmas should be celebrated every day.

Their show is a great way to start the holiday season.

12/18/09: Jeff Sherman is in demand all over northeast Ohio and he performs
in venues large and small. His great vocals and amazing guitar work bring
fresh insight to some of the best loved songs of our time. You'll be
surprised and pleased by the full sound Jeff delivers and you'll find
yourself singing along with many of the songs he plays.

01/15/10: Bob Vitantonio features excellent guitar work on a variety of
instruments from a half-sized guitar with amazing tone to a special
electrified guitar that lets him add orchestral highlights to his
finger-style performance. You will think his is more than a solo show and
you'll recognize many of the tunes he plays.

02/19/10: Guy Pernetti was another performer at the Avon Lake July 4th event

and comes to TrueNorth from Kent with its rich tradition of fine guitar
players. Guy features slide guitar on lots of instruments from his vintage
Gibson and lap steel to Dobro and anything else he might bring with him. He
is just wonderful to hear as he covers classic tunes and performs original
songs.

03/19/10: Motter Flynn is three young, very talented, area musicians
performing original songs and covers with a great deal of energy and
enthusiasm for their art. They recently played at Wilbert's downtown
Cleveland and they have been the openers at The Winchester on several
occasions. Guitar, electric bass and percussion with great vocals make them
the largest act offered this time around.

04/16/10: Tim Wallace is so good that his group, The Smokin' Fez Monkeys,
was recently invited to perform before an audience of thousands in France.
They got great press coverage all over Europe for the show and returned to
do more performances in our area. Featuring some very funny original tunes
and classic songs in many different styles in his own unique style, Tim's
solo show is not to be missed.

05/21/10: Bobby Stevens hosts an open mic out in Oberlin and will be opening

at the Winchester soon with his careful blend of original acoustic songs and

covers of tunes that range from Bruce Springsteen to Townes Van Zandt. He'll

bring that enthusiasm and creativity to TrueNorth for his noon-time
performance.

# # #

For more information:
Richard Fortney