[NEohioPAL] North Canton Playhouse Weekly Newsletter 9/15/09

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 15 10:59:41 PDT 2009

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
September 15th, 2009

NORTH CANTON PLAYHOUSE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

CONFESSIONS FROM THE LADIES ROOM......opened to hilarious reviews this weekend!!  Although NCP doesn't get reviewed in the papers, the audiences LOVED this show!!  THEIR reviews were outstanding!!  Playwright Shane Riggs and several of his friends came into town to see their work and were not disappointed!!
There is still one weekend left to see this FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY production...make your reservation now, although walk ins are always welcome (as long as we don't run out of seats) (and, of course, we hope we do)....
Thanks to Director, Jay Spencer and his great cast!!

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR INVITATION TO THE GEORGIE'S YET, CONTACT BRENTON AT THE OFFICE 330-494-1613....this year's event will be held at the Marriott in downtown Canton...remember, it is a MASQUERADE BALL!!!!!!!

WORTH REPEATING....AGAIN....AND ...... AGAIN:
raf tas tik.....RAF TAS TIK.......our second annual big fundraiser for the year!!  How do you think our schools, churches, sports events stay in business?  Same as us.....FUNDRAISERS!!!!
$l0 for a ticket, 3 for $25.....prize???  $l000 in CASH!!  Winner to be announced Sept. 28 at our Georgie's Banquet.....

Encore Players rehearsals begin Sept. l6 and 30th  at 2 pm, and then Oct. 7 and 2lst at 2 pm.  It is not too late to be part of the Encore Players, any ages are welcome if you love to perform, especially in the daytime....we do performances everywhere!!!  And we will be performing FOOTPRINTS OF A PILGRIM again this year...a wonderful piece written by Billy Graham's wife, Ruth Bell Graham.  This 45 minute production has been traveling to churches and other groups for several years.

UPDATES ON SHOWS:

MONSTER IN THE CLOSET........in rehearsal

FUNERAL FOR A GANGSTER......starting rehearsals

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.....cast and zombies starting rehearsals this week

SPOTLIGHT ON YOUTH SHOWS ......in rehearsal, performances begin in the schools starting October

AUDITIONS:

Sunday, Sept. 27  2 pm at NCP Mainstage

THE LITTLEST ANGEL
children ages 5-l4
come prepared to sing one verse from any Christmas carol, other than Jingle Bells.
Performances Dec. 4-13

REMEMBER:
WE are in need of donations of raffle basket items...we plan to have baskets for auction on that Halloween night murder mystery FUNERAL FOR A GANGSTER....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, bring your unwanted unused items to NCP office....and we could use gifts from your place of employment, restaurant gift certificates and frankly, anything exciting that you can think of to fill those baskets!!
date:  Saturday Oct. 3lst   5:30 is when the fun begins!!  BE THERE!!  $35 a ticket and that includes dinner and a whole evening mixed with murder, gambling and those sexy dance hall girls!!

AND

if you find you cannot supply NCP with any of the above items, we are also going to bring desserts that evening....PLEASE put your baking cap on, bake something yummy and get it to the office....BUT not until closer to HALLOWEEN!!!!
I will keep reminding you.......

See you next week......keep the ARTS in your prayers

Brenton Cochran                                Mary McManaway
Office Manager                                  Artistic Director

PS. CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE.....BEAUTIFUL!!!