[NEohioPAL] 9/18: CELEBRATE ROSH HASHANA with ODDY

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:23:48 PDT 2009

Please consider joining us this *Friday night, 9/18*, for the second and
last free showing of OddyFest's September program,
*"Self-Portraits,"*featuring candid investigations of a local singer
(Allison Bencar), a mixed
heritage Irish-Indian persona (that of Cat R. Kenney), and a Cleveland
Jewish-American family (that of Matt Greenfield).  The fun starts at *7:15
at the Brody-Nelson Room of the Cleveland Heights Library (2345 Lee Road).*
Unlike other local plays that deal with Jewish themes, we're no Sandy
Koufax, and we're willing to arrive at synagogue a little late Friday nite,
or just wait until Saturday morning to give us something extra to repent
about when Yom Kippur rolls around.  The show is *FREE AND OPEN TO THE
PUBLIC* and once again features a wide gamut of Oddy merchandise on sale for
haggle-able prices lower than $10.  Hope to see you there!  If not, we'll
catch you in 5770!  Read on for details:

*Self-Portraits: OddyFest #13*

* *

*Kicking off its second year and its first set of free Friday shows at the
Clev. Hts. Library, The Oddy Festival takes a good hard look in the mirror
to investigate artists investigating themselves:*

* *

*Songs by Allison Bencar*

* *

Guest musician Ms. Bencar kicks off the set with

some acoustic autobiographical tune-age.

*McInjun by Cat R. Kenney (reading)*

* *

Matt Greenfield plays a 15-year-old male avatar of Cat named Cat,

a geeky youth of mixed Indian-Irish descent who finds himself stranded

at the Playhouse and must make a late-nite trek back home to the West Side.

*The Normal Engels by Matt Greenfield (reading)*

* *

The Greenfield Family plays themselves in this delightfully prosaic look at
Jewish-American family life on a Shabbat evening.

Writing of which...

*NOW ON THE ODD **FRIDAYS**!*

*September 4 / September 18*

* *

*Doors Open at 7:15 *

* *

*BRODY-NELSON ROOM*

*of the Cleveland Heights Library, Lee Road Branch*

*(2345 Lee Road, just next to the stairs)*

* *

*FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!*

* *

*(Though, if you really want to give money to OddyFest,*

*Oddy T’s, CD’s, and books will be available)*

* *

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival