[NEohioPAL] ARE WE THERE YET? The new musical opens at Actors' Summit

Neil Thackaberry thackaberryn at actorssummit.org
Tue Sep 22 14:21:09 PDT 2009

*For Immediate Release*

*For additional information contact: *
*Neil Thackaberry (330) 342-0800*
*Hudson**, Ohio *

* *

*ARE WE THERE YET?*

*New Family Musical Opens at *

*Actors’ Summit *

Actors’ Summit, Hudson’s Equity professional theater, will open its
11thseason with
*Are We There Yet?*, a new musical about the roller coaster ride that is
family life. The show will have a preview performance on Thursday, October
1, 2009, followed by the official opening on Friday, October 2. The play
will run Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM and Sunday afternoons at
2:00 PM through October 18, at the theater in downtown Hudson.

*About the Play*

*Are We There Yet? *by James Hindman, Ray Roderick, & Cheryl Stern; Music by
John Glaudini, has played to critical raves in New York and in regional
theaters across the country. "Every scene reminded me of my family. Only
it’s a whole lot funnier on stage!" *New York** Press. “ARE WE THERE YET? *Hits
a lot of home runs for suburban moms and pops who know the drill!”
*Dallas**Morning News.
*

* *

*Are We There Yet?* is a laugh filled, heart-touching musical romp -- a look
at the modern American family through songs and sketches. A cast of four
sings, dances, and acts their way through the ups and downs of being part of
a family. From family trips in the car, to the old folks moving to Florida,
from little league baseball and dance recitals to prom night and dating the
second time around -- it's “Everybody Loves Raymond” meets “I Love You,
You’re Perfect, Now Change.”

*The Cast*

Keith Stevens and Shawn Galligan team up again as they did this past Summer
in *Don’t Hug Me. Joining them is Shani Ferry who has been seen frequently
on the Actors’ Summit stage. Newcomer Dawn Sniadak joins Actors’ Summit for
the first time. Equally at home in musical comedy and classical opera, Dawn
has been seen locally in **Forbidden Broadway* and *Pirates of Penzance*,
among others.

In keeping with Actors’ Summit’s mission, all four performers make their
homes here in Ohio: Stevens in Sagamore Hills, Galligan & Ferry in Cuyahoga
Falls, and Sniadak in Stow.

Each of the four performers plays a range of roles within family settings
from an infant to an elderly retiree. Fathers, sons, mothers, daughters and
grandparents all are given their turn.

*Performance times:*

Performances are given Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM and Sundays
at 2:00 PM at the theater, located at 86 Owen Brown Street, Hudson, Ohio.

*Ticket Prices*

Preview tickets (October 1) are $16. Regular performance tickets are $29 on
Fridays & Saturdays, $26 on Thursdays & Sundays, with seniors receiving a $3
discount at regular Thursday and Sunday performances.  Additional discounts
are available to groups of ten or more.

ALL full time student tickets (with ID) are $7 at all performances.

Season subscription prices range from $75 at preview performances (seniors)
to $150 for Friday and Saturday performances. Good-Time-Any-Time Coupons are
$100 for 4 admissions or $225 for 10 admissions. Individual ticket prices
range from $16 at preview performances to $29 for Friday and Saturday
evenings. Individual tickets will go on sale two weeks prior to the first
performance of each show.

Tickets can be purchased by phone at (330) 342-0800 or from the website at *
www.actorssummit.org*.

*Web site**
*Actors’ Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org.
Actors' Summit is a professional, not for profit, 501-c-3 professional arts
organization.**

--
Neil Thackaberry
Co-artistic Director