[NEohioPAL] Berko.............woops

Roy Berko royberko at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 06:52:39 PDT 2009

Thanks to those you who have written and noted my dyslexic finger moves on the key board.  The first sentence of my Dobama history should have been.............

"Spring, 1959.  The setting?  The gymnasium/auditorium of Euclid Shore High School, the home of Euclid Little Theatre.  A rehearsal of William Inge’s ‘PICNIC,’ with Don Bianchi as the Director.  Don left the practice to go before the ELT board with his proposal for the next season.  Fifteen minutes later he came storming back.  Don was livid.  He came in shouting, “Okay, that’s it!  We’re out of here!  I’m going to set up a theatre where we don’t have to get permission to do any kind of play we want to do.  We don’t have to have tryouts!”  We sat down on the floor of the gym and started to toss out ideas."

 Roy Berko's blog, which contains theatre and dance reviews from 2001 through 2009, as well as his consulting and publications information, can be found at http://royberko.info