[NEohioPAL] Wanted: Violin Teacher for Adult (Very) Beginner - Cleve. Hts.

Lincoln King-Cliby lking-cliby at lincoln.homeip.net
Mon Sep 28 16:29:23 PDT 2009

I've long been a fan of the sound of the violin, and the stars recently came
into alignment to get me off the fence about learning. A friend was willing
to teach but based on some changes in her situation had to back out...
leading to this post.

I'm a guy, 25, in Cleveland Heights ("near" Coventry) looking for someone
who's willing to take on a student who is a blank slate and needs to start
with the REAL basics (as in tuning, bow hold, etc. -- I'm struggling with
these on my own) and build up from there. I have absolutely no musical
talent, background, or education. I don't know how to read music (yet), I've
never played a musical instrument, I also don't have any bad habits yet :).

While the Cleveland Orchestra has been my inspiration, I'm not looking for
complete mastery; I intend to play only for myself -- but I want to learn
how to play as well as is reasonably possible. My work travel schedule has
the potential to make consistent scheduling an issue I am dedicated to
learning and will put myself in the hands of my teacher. I have an
instrument of dubious quality and am very open to begging, borrowing,
renting, or buying [within reason] a higher quality violin should that be
necessary or advisable (it's in my long term plan already anyway).

In exchange I can offer cash, AV consuting (my day job), PC help, dinner, an
acousticaly friendly living room to practice in, or just the personal
satisfaction of teaching another human. Basically, you name the payment and
as long as it doesn't involve the soul or a criminal act I'm probably OK
with it.

Anyone out there either interested personally or with reccommendations for
teachers or places to look for teachers please feel free to contact me
privately.

I NEED a hobby that doesn't require electricity. I am excited about the
adventure of learning.

Thanks in advance,

Lincoln