[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Death of a Salesman: Lakeland Theatre

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 06:04:01 PDT 2009

Lakeland Theatre
announces auditions for
Death of a Salesman
by
Arthur Miller
Sunday, November 1 @ 1:00 pm
Monday, November 2 @ 7:15 pm
Callbacks: Sunday, November 7 @ 1:00 pm
(no auditions times are needed)
Directed by Martin Friedman
Sets and Lights Designed by Trad A Burns
Costumes Designed by Craig Tucker
 Sound Design by Bill Amato
Original Music Composed by Larry Goodpaster
Willy Loman will be played by  Mark Cipra

 THIS IS THE SAME TEAM FROM LAST SEASON'S
SWEENEY TODD.
Auditions:
Sunday, November 1:  1:00pm - 3:00pm
Monday, November 2:  7:15pm - 9:00pm
CALL BACKS:  Sunday, November 8 @ 1:00 pm
All auditions will be held at Lakeland Community College's Performing Arts Center (PAC). Sorry, no Equity contracts for this production. No need to prepare a monologue.  I will have you read directly from the script.   ALL ROLES ARE WELL COMPENSATED.

Production and Rehearsal dates:
Death of a Salesman will open on Friday, February 5 and run through February 21, 2010-- Friday through Sunday. There are two shows on Saturday, February 13. Of course you will be compensated for all performances. Rehearsals will begin soon after the Thanksgiving Holiday. Don't worry we will work around vacation schedules. THERE WILL ALSO BE TWO STUDENT MATINEES (THAT WILL BE COMPENSATED ALSO) probably on Friday, February 13 and 20, 2010; 9:30am till 12noon). As is my practice, you will not be called for rehearsal unless needed. Salesman is easily broken down into French Scenes.

EACH CHARACTER IS  WONDERFUL AND COMPELLINGLY DRAWN. SURELY EACH OF THESE ROLES WILL BE CHALLENGING AND FUN TO PLAY. A VERY THEATRICAL PIECE.

The Roles:
Biff Loman -  Willy’s elder son. Between 30 and 34.
Linda Loman -  Willy’s loyal, loving wife. Late 40's through 50's. Willy is in his late 50's.

Happy Loman -  Willy’s younger son. Between 28 and 32. Happy has lived in Biff’s shadow all of his life.
Charley -  Willy’s next-door neighbor and only 'friend'. Mid 50's to 60.
Bernard -  Bernard is Charley’s son and an important, successful lawyer. Between 30 and 35years.
Ben -  Willy’s wealthy older brother. 60's to 70's.
The Woman -  Willy’s mistress. Late 20 to early 30's.
Howard Wagner -  Willy’s boss. Between 25 and 35 years.
Stanley -  A waiter at Frank’s Chop House. Between 25 and 30.
Miss Forsythe and Letta -  Two young women whom Happy and Biff meet at Frank’s Chop House. Between 20 and 25.

The aforementioned roles are great and demand great actors!

For more information please feel free to either email me, Martin Friedman, at martinfriedman98 at yahoo.com or call 440.525.7034 (and press #1 to bypass the message).

Auditions will be held in Performing Arts Center at Lakeland Community College . Take I 90 east and exit at the second exit, Route #306. Turn right (south) on Rt. #306. Turn left into the Lakeland Community College , the first light. Get in the right lane. Turn right at the stop sign. Turn right at the next stop sign. Turn left into the faculty/staff parking lot. The gate into the Faculty/Staff parking lot opens at 7:00 pm. Free parking there and in the student lots.