[NEohioPAL] "So Many Monsters…I Need a Bigger Closet" Exhibit at Solon Center for the Arts

Christine Madden centurydance at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 07:06:49 PDT 2009

*So Many Monsters…I Need a Bigger Closet EXHIBIT *

*AT **SOLON** **CENTER** FOR THE ARTS *

* *

*            *On Halloween afternoon, Solon Center for the Arts will host a
Halloween-themed reception on Saturday, October 31 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
with featured artist Cline A. Siegenthaler of Northfield, Ohio.
Siegenthaler’s exhibit called “So Many Monsters…I Need a Bigger Closet” is
for kids of all ages who enjoy science fiction and fantasy art. The artist
will be selling prints and t-shirts featuring his entertaining
illustrations. The event is free and everyone is welcome and encouraged to
come costumed and ready for tricks and treats.

Siegenthaler began exhibiting his science fiction and fantasy creations as a
boy in 1975, when he produced a pencil illustration of King Kong for his
grade school art show. Realizing that he had found his niche, he continued
his steady diet of comic books and Saturday afternoon monster movies all the
way to adulthood. After graduating from Bowling Green State University with
a major in filmmaking and a minor in art, he continued to follow both
interests by working full time as a movie projectionist and pursuing
freelance art projects. In the past twenty years, he has illustrated a comic
book, created goblins for role-playing games, designed clay monsters with
elementary school children and painted 15-foot dinosaurs on the walls of a
shopping mall. Cline has continued to branch out into different fields
including web design, screen printing, sculpting and photography. His web
site www.redgremlin.com features a wide array of his science fiction and
fantasy artwork.

To quote one of his favorite illustrators, Arthur Rackham, "I can always
call up any number of entirely freshly created and horrible beasts and
hobgoblins at a moment's notice before my mind's eye when they are wanted as
models for my work, and banish them as easily directly I have done with
them."

The exhibit runs through November 14.  Solon Center for the Arts is located
at 6315 SOM Center Road.  For more information about the Siegenthaler
exhibit, call SCA at (440) 337-1400 or go to www.solonarts.org.