[NEohioPAL] Check out what our students are saying!

Jessica Houde houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 12:33:21 PDT 2009

Houde School of Acting Classes

"I started taking classes to further my acting abilities because I'm constantly working on independent films around here with groups like Big Jones Productions, Little Beth, Two Martinis, One Star, VMCAD, commercials with Talent Group clients, and occasionally theatre at Bang and Clatter.  I'm an ad account manager/business owner by day so things like measurable/tangible results are important to me without really knowing what classes would do in such a subjective medium as acting, but after reading that all the working actors in LA are constantly in class when not working even though many are already great (but want to keep their skills sharp), I decided to do it anyway.

Well,  I'm quite happy to say that based on the fact that I've been able to see most of the films I worked on before I started classes,  several I made right when I started class and was learning the Meisner technique, and then those that I've recently worked on after about 10 months in class,  I do indeed have the tangible results I was looking for/wasn't sure I'd see and I (and others) can literally see myself having improved over the last year, with a definite exponential growth in ability in the past 5 months or so.  If you're an actor around here that's also always working on films (and I know quite a few of you), I'd sincerely suggest you come check out the school and literally SEE the results for yourself; I've been told they're impressive."

Mike Goulis

"Jessica facilitates a learning environment that is both fun and professional.  Her passion for teaching and for the Meisner Technique shows during every class.  It is such a
privilege to have someone with her extensive knowledge and experience teaching classes in our area." ~Advanced Student, Kurt Yue See What Some of the Students Are Saying:
"I have only been attending the Houde School of acting for a month and I have already have learned so much from Jessica.... It is just a wonderful place to be apart of. ~Beginner Student, Antonia Villalon.

"Every single class, I am brought to tears of laughter, joy, or sadness by the other students.  I cannot express enough how much I take away from and enjoy the class.  Jessica has taught me more in three months than an entire faculty taught me in two years.  The professionalism, strong sense of community, and benefit of the classes are all reasons why I know that I will be a lifelong student!" ~Houde School of Acting Student, Lindsay Baker

"hey Jessica. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed class, and i am thrilled that you were able to identify my fatal flaw right away and nail it so perfectly. I have been struggling with that for years and it's SO frustrating. I feel like if I can finally fix it I can really reach all of my potential. I'm so excited to work on it. Thank you!" Sarah Edwards
"I enrolled in Houde because I found from my research that the Meisner technique is agreeable in philosophy and that Houde School of Acting is one of the only, if not the only, school of acting inCleveland that teaches from the professional/serious actor perspective-.....I have not been at Houde long but have found that it has been useful training..." ~Experienced Actor and HSA Student, Mike Goulis

          " I have enjoyed acting off and on for a long time ,
        ( I don't know where the time has gone ! )   I think we all are talented
and if  you truly enjoy doing something , you have to address developing your natural talents .  I am very happy to be one of  Jessica's  students
 my skills as an actors have improved under her guidance , and in her class
  you have freedom to grow and  learn .  I have been cast in some acting roles,
     in part due to being prepared ;  with 2 monolgue s  which  Jessica helped me
     select  and work on . And  one on one work with the scripts provided by
  my agent for auditions is an excellent way to prepare for  auditions , and
do the best I can."
                                       Thank You  Jessica for all of your help

                                                                              Frank  Conti

"The houde school school of acting allows the actor to reach inside and reveal truthfully their complex inner self.....Jessica's authentic love for the art of acting and her students makes the school a welcoming home to study."~HSA Student, Channing Jackso

 Monday & Wednesday's & Thursday's 7:00-9:00pm
Saturday's                         11:00-1:00pm
Children's/Pre-Teen evey Monday 4:30-6:00pm and Saturday 2:30-4:00pm
$100 per month, due on the first class of each month.  Classes are  ON-GOING.
*Pro-rated prices are available to students who start in the middle of the month.

Our adult Meisner Acting class is based on the Meisner technique of "living truthfully under imaginary circumstances."  Students go through a series of improv exercises that are designed to teach them how to work off their partner, stay in the moment and out of their head.  Along with Meisner's improv exercises, students work on monologues, audition technique and emotional preparation to expand their craft.  This class is opened to beginner to advanced student as we find combining all actors in one class offers confidence, inspiration and a good way for students to share their take on the Meisner technique and the Cleveland acting scene.

Houde School of Acting offers your first class FREE.
To register please contact:

Ashley Gulla
1777 Coventry Road
Cleveland Heights, OH 44117