[NEohioPAL] The Big Picture Production. November 20th

Donna Williams donnam.williams at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:02:59 PST 2009

Hello friends,

I recently learned about a situation in Ohio where in a town of only 12,000 people, their major employer DHL had left laying off nearly 8,000 people in Wilmington. I personally know that times are tough for most of us, but if I find myself in dire need I know I can fall back on my family or close friends. In this town of Wilmington they do not have that option as their family and close friends were also employed by DHL and now they find themselves in dire need as well.

Their story was reported on 60 minutes. Here is a link to the newscast, please take a moment to watch the video:

 http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4752321n&tag=related;photovideo

Please join us in helping in this difficult period. Clean out your closets, cupboards or garages, take a moment to make a difference, and pass along the word to your friends and families. I was unable to send this through NEohioPal with a flyer attached. I would be happy to send that attachment along that has all of the details to anyone who is interested for your convenience. But we are looking for canned goods, non-perishable foods, clothing, bedding, hats, gloves, scarves, toys, space heaters and such. Monetary donations and gift certificates are also welcome.
Please call (440)-871-2811 or email BigPictureDonations at gmail.com

We are working along side these organizations in Wilmington:

*County Commissioner Randy Riley
                                                                                *The City of Wilmington
                                                                                *Trevor at the Murphy Theatre
                                                                                *Allen at Sugartree  (Food Kitchen)
                                                                                Their mailing address is:
                                                                                                             Sugartree
                                                                                                             P.O. Box 606 Wilmington, Ohio  45177-2346
                                                                                                             Their website is http://www.sugartree.org

My friend Christina Grozik is also organizing a variety show in Wilmington over the Thanksgiving weekend and is looking for different volunteer acts (musicians, comedians, jugglers, dancers, etc.). Please feel free to pass along her contact information to anyone that you think may be interested in participating. Her email address is cgrozik at gmail.com

We will be accepting donations for pick up till Nov. 20th. We will be taking the items down the weekends of Nov 22cd and Nov 29th.

If anyone has any questions or wants to set up a time for a donation pick up, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.
All my best,
Donna

Donna Williams