[NEohioPAL] OddyFest is "BREAKING IT DOWN" this Friday 11/6!

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:26:03 PST 2009

Please consider joining OddyFest for our November program of plays and
music, "Breaking It Down," featuring Ian Adler's "Act Now" and Michael
Suglio's "Pokemon Strip Club."  The madness starts *this Friday 11/6 at 7:15
at the Brody-Nelson Meeting Room of the Cleveland Heights Library (2345 Lee
Road)*.  As always, our shows are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!  Read on for
details:

*Breaking It Down: OddyFest #15*

* *

*Oddy’s November plays break down our pre-conceptions of theatre itself and
“innocent” children’s characters.  Then we break it all down with a
Bruce-Springsteen-like gospel number.*

*“Act Now” by Ian Adler*

* *

A postmodern excursion into metatheatre satirizing actors, directors, the
audience, and other folk who take theatre too seriously in this
play-within-a-play-within-a-play-within-a-play-within-a-play.

*“Pokemon Strip Club” by Michael Suglio*

* *

A satire on the Peter Pan Complex: Brian desperately wants to bring his “Sex
Monster Strip Club” Japanese import to the states; voluptuous librarian
Vivian may be able to help. [N.B.: No stripping depicted onstage.]

*A three-song-in-one musical extravaganza!*

Oddy ringmaster Matt Greenfield and musical director Joe Barone join forces
for a Ray-Charles/Bob-Dylan/Bruce-Springsteen-gospel-choir break/down called
“Let Us Sing/Got Love?”

*NOW ON THE ODD **FRIDAYS**!*

*November 6 / November 20*

* *

*Show starts at 7:15 *

* *

*BRODY-NELSON ROOM*

*of the Cleveland Heights Library, Lee Road Branch*

*(2345 Lee Road, just next to the stairs)*

* *

*FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!*

* *

*(Though, if you really want to give money to OddyFest,*

*Oddy T’s, CD’s, and books will be available)*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival
oddyfest at gmail.com