[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Hts. Poet Laureate plus open mike Nov. 6

Judith Higbee ajhigbee at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 5 06:09:14 PST 2009

Cleveland Heights POET LAUREATE GAIL BELLAMY TO APPEAR

AT NOVEMBER 6 COFFEEHOUSE

The Writers' Guild of Arts in the Cathedral is pleased to announce that Gail
Bellamy, Cleveland Heights Poet Laureate, will appear at Church of the
Saviour on Friday, November 6 at 7:15 p.m. for a coffee house poetry
reading.

 There will also be an open mike session for folks to share their poetry
with us. So dust off your fountain pens or laptops and let the muse speak!
We look forward to hearing from our talented friends and neighbors. This
event is free and open to the public. Coffee and desserts will be available.

 Bellamy's wide-ranging interests and talents are on display in her
detail-rich

poems, which combine a poet's startling metaphors and associative leaps with

journalist's deadly accurate, and often very funny, observations. "I love
all kinds of

writing," Bellamy says, "poetry, journalism, fiction and memoir, but poetry
has

always been my first love."

 As Executive Editor of Restaurant Hospitality magazine, Bellamy also writes

about food and beverage and has interviewed chefs, mixologists and
restaurant

owners all over the world. She is the author of Cleveland Food Memories
(Gray &

Co.), Design Spirits (St. Martin's Press) and the poetry chapbook, Victual
Reality

(Pudding House Publications). Her chapbook Traveler's Salad is forthcoming
from

Pudding House.

 Church of the Saviour is located at 2537 Lee Road in Cleveland Heights, one
block North of Fairmount Blvd. Arts in the Cathedral is in its 14th season
of providing cultural events and classes for the greater Cleveland
community.

 For more information, contact: Sue Palmer at (216) 321-8880 or
siouxrx at yahoo.com