[NEohioPAL] "Clay and Steel" for Kids at the Conneaut Community Center for the Arts

Penny kilpi1025 at suite224.net
Fri Nov 6 07:34:43 PST 2009

For children ages 5 through 12 -

Join the Conneaut Community Center for the Arts for 5 sessions of learning and play, Saturday mornings starting November 14th.

Session 1 - Enter on a journey of clay through the ages. We will discuss what clay is, how it is found, how it's made, and what functional and nonfunctional objects are made of clay. The first project will be slab rolling and cutting out holiday ornaments. (In session 5 the instructor will demonstrate how to make metal hooks to hang the ornaments.)

Session 2 - We will be creating a clay bird feeder in the shape of a sunflower. (The instructor will demo a chain for the feeder in session 5.)

Session 3 - Create a clay box with metal pull.

Session 4 - Paint and glaze projects in preparation of the second firing.

Session 5 - Demonstration of hook and chain metalsmithing. Final project assembly.

Registration is underway now. Students will be added up until Friday the 13th. Call 593-5888 to register your child.