[NEohioPAL] Mad Words: the Art of Kyogen (improv comedy in Japanese style)

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Nov 12 11:14:40 PST 2009

The Confused Greenies, a Patchwork Players Production Presents:

<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2009-11-14_Mad-Words.html>Mad
Words: the Art of Kyogen
Improv comedy in the style of Japanese farce
Saturday, November 14: 7:00pm
<http://japanconnection.org/>Japan Connection's Fall Anime Marathon
<http://www.case.edu/>Case Western Reserve
University - <http://wiki.case.edu/Nord_Hall>Nord
Hall 410 (see this
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Nord&mrt=all&sll=41.497569,-81.595502&sspn=0.01117,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=Nord&hnear=&ll=41.501812,-81.602154&spn=0.011169,0.01929&z=16&iwloc=A&cid=5109647858752181403>Google
map - parking off MLK Drive in the employee lot open on the weekends)

Come laugh at the antics of The Confused Greenies
as we perform a series of several short short
improvisational farces in the style of kyogen,
centuries old comedic Japanese theatre paired
with the more dramatic noh.  This will be our
third time performing kyogen as the biggest event
at Marathon so join us for more foolish servants,
pompous masters, bickering couples, crafty
shysters, living ghosts, clueless demons, and maybe even an eggplant!

Our performance begins at 7:00pm this Saturday,
November 14 and the entire Marathon runs from
1:00pm until after midnight throughout Nord Hall
with hours of anime, panels on Japanese culture,
contests, costumes, games, food, and more.
Everything, including our performance, is
free!  Parking should be available for free in
the employee lot off of MLK Drive (labeled as
Stokes Blvd on the Google map) behind the buildings.

Please see the
<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2009-11-14_Mad-Words.html>webpage
and
<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/ads/2009-11-14_Mad-Words-the-Art-of-Kyogen.pdf>online
poster for more information as well as
photographs and videos of our last two
performances of kyogen.  Please email lazzi at case.edu with any questions!

foolishly yours,
Jess

Jess Rudolph (Niccolò Bartolazzi), Capocomico of
the Patchwork Players Productions:
The Confused Greenies - the Greatest, Loudest,
and Most Pompous Commedia dell'Arte troupe at Case Western Reserve University
i Verdi Confusi - the Greatest of the Newest
Commedia dell'Arte troupe in Northern Oaken of the Midrealm

http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/

-a hungry, hapless, and hopeful harlequin