[NEohioPAL] The NEW History of Akron Filmmakers Challenge! - Akron Film

Kendra Minadeo kendra.minadeo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:23:06 PST 2009

Hey everyone,

Akron’s history is a proud one but we’re awfully familiar with it. So,
we’d like you to come up with something new, and starting November
22nd, make a short documentary about it (under five minutes). We’ll
give your team a couple things about current Akron life that your film
must explain – for instance, one of them will be, “Why is there a
blimp perpetually overhead?” Describe any scenario except the real
one! It could be as simple as photos with a voiceover, or could
include taped interviews and more.

The films are due at 4:30pm on December 6th. On December 10th, at the
Akron Art Museum, we’ll screen all the entries for the public, then
let an independent jury of documentary makers and others (let’s call
them Akronologists) select their favorite. The winning team gets $250
cash plus an assortment of items from Akron shops.

Get all the details on www.akronfilm.com. There’s a form for
registering there, which has the rules, but all you really need to do
is email your name, number, and how many team members you expect to
work with to info at akronfilm.com. There is a $15 entry fee per team,
which may be paid via check or PayPal.

Q: Will this be fun and educational?
A: Well, fun, at least.