[NEohioPAL] "The Wiz" at Near West Theatre opening FRIDAY!

joshua padgett padgett_josh at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 19 18:55:39 PST 2009

Near West
Theatre’s The Wiz

opens Friday, November 20!

Don't
have tickets yet??

Click
here or call (216-961-6391) to get yours now!

November 20, 21, 22,
27, 28, 29

December 3*, 4, 5 & 6

Thurs., Fri. & Sat. performances @
7:30pm

Sunday performances @ 3:00pm

Adults: $8    Children (12 & under): $6

Star Seat Tickets: $20

(Star Seat tickets help Near
West Theatre keep theatre affordable

for all our patrons.  Includes a concession coupon!)

"Ease On Down The Road" with us
as this Tony Award winning Best Musical of 1975 storms onto our stage for the
third time in NWT'S history. Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Tinman and the Lion travel
a fantastical, futuristic road trip and learn some things along the way about
rising above one's background and the expectations of others.

As TIME magazine said, The Wiz is  ".saucy with black urban humor,
its talk is jumping jivernacular, its walk is a big city strut, its dances have
a blowtorch frenzy, and its songs range from a warm gospel glow to the rock
beat of a riveter mining asphalt."

"The Wiz is a multicultural collage in which Baum's themes speak to the
broadest possible audience.  Unquestionably, the humor and the heartbeat
of the piece remains African-American at their source, but the overall effect
is pluralistic and inclusive." - VARIETY

"Radiates so much energy you can hardly sit in your seat . . . great
fun."-- N.Y. Post.

Book by William F.
Brown         Music and lyrics by
Charles Smalls

Based on the story: “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” by Frank Baum

*= December 3 is a signed performance by The Heard.

For this performance only, to purchase tickets,

email info at nearwesttheatre.org
by 1pm on Dec. 3rd

with your name and # of tickets needed.

Don't miss The Wiz!  To get your tickets today, or for more
information, call 216-961-6391 or visit www.nearwesttheatre.org

Performance Site: St. Patrick's Club Building

3606 Bridge Ave., 3rd Floor*

Cleveland, OH 44113

* Near West Theatre is not currently accessible to those in wheelchairs or who
have trouble with stairs.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.