[NEohioPAL] A SHAYNA MAIDEL OPENS DEC. 3-5 UNIVERISTY OF AKRON!!!

hmbeyer at aol.com hmbeyer at aol.com
Thu Nov 26 20:52:36 PST 2009

The University of Akron Theatre Guild Presents "A Shayna Maidel" written by Barbara Lebow and directed by Heather Beyer. It is set to open Dec 3-5 at 8pm at Sandefur Theatre in Guzzetta Hall.

TICKETS ARE: $5 for Students $6 Seniors and $8 for Adults and are available for purchase at the door at 7pm prior to the performance.

The play is about the horrors of the Holocaust; it is also a deeply personalized study of sisterhood, family and a crisis of faith. Two sisters are reunited, after 20 years, one is a holocaust survivor and the other is brought up as an American. "A Shayna Maidel" isn't just a play about the holocaust, it's a play about communication and rebuilding relationships that have been lost over time.

"As an director, I feel that I have a responsibility, along with my fellow artists, to tell the stories of those who are no longer able to. We shall never forget the horrors of the Holocaust and the voices of its victims will never be silent," Heather Beyer.