[NEohioPAL] "Willy Wonka", Christmas and New Year's Eve Shows - December Events at CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Wed Dec 2 06:50:20 PST 2009

  _Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
  December 2009 News_

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

    In this month's issue: (Scroll down for full details...)

    * *Events in December*
          o *Now through December 19* - / Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka
            <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/wonka.php>/ ($18/$14)
          o *December 12/13 *- / Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea/
            <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/gingerbread.php> ($6/$8)
          o *December 23* - / Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra's Holiday
            Show/ <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/cfso-holiday.php>
            ($20/$15)
          o *December 31* - / The Kid Inside: A New Year's Eve Musical
            Revue <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/newyear.php>/ ($25)
    *

    * *Coming in January*
          o *January 15 - February 6 * - /The Maltese Bodkin
            <http://www.cvlt.org/maltesebodkin.php>/ ($16/$12)
    *

    * *Other News & Notes*
          o CVLT voted in Cleveland's Top 5 Theaters for the 3rd year in
            a row on the FOX 8 Hot List
            <http://fox8.cityvoter.com/chagrin-valley-little-theatre/biz/55303>.
          o Start your holiday shopping at GoodShop
            <http://www.goodshop.com/?charityid=843443>
            (http://www.goodshop.com/?charityid=843443) and up to 5% of
            your purchase will be donated to CVLT at no extra cost!
          o Wouldn't a custom engraved brick paver in the CVLT entrance
            sidewalk make an excellent holiday gift? We think so! See
            http://www.cvlt.org/bricks <http://www.CVLT.org/bricks>

    */ Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/wonka.php>/*

    *Music & Lyrics by
    Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley
    Stage Adaptation by
    Leslie Bricusse & Tim McDonald
    Based on the book
    "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"
    by Roald Dahl*

*Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM
through December 19*
*Sunday, Dec. 6* at 2 PM *

*Directed by Julia Kolibab
Musical Direction by Meghan Strong Choreography by
Bill Wade and Inlet Dance Company*

Roald Dahl's timeless story of the world-famous candy man and his quest
to find an heir comes to life in this stage adaptation of /Charlie and
The Chocolate Factory/, featuring songs from Academy Award-nominated
original film score.

In the play, a group of lucky children with 'golden tickets' get an
exclusive peek into the candy factory of the enigmatic Willy Wonka.
Along with their various parents and guardians, the children discover
that there is far more to life than sweets, and that children who
misbehave at the candy factory are sure to end up in trouble!

*TICKETS
* $18 regular admission
$14 students and seniors

Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!/
Call 440-247-8955 or visit
http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/wonka.php

*** Tickets for the December 6th matinée are available exclusively
through Friends of WomenSafe, 501(c)3 non-profit with the sole mission
of generating unrestricted funds for WomenSafe, providing crisis
shelter, counseling, legal advocacy, relocation and therapy services
free of charge. Tickets for the 12/6 matinee only are being sold
exclusive through their organization. If you wish to attend this
performance, we encourage you to call (440) 285-3741 for tickets.

    */Holiday Show &
    Gingerbread Tea <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/imgs/gingerbread.gif>/*

    *Our Annual Holiday Kids Show *

* Saturday & Sunday
December 12/13*
*at 1 & 3:30 PM *

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre presents the 25th Annual Holiday Show &
Gingerbread Tea. The show, focused toward children age ten and younger,
includes Santa and Mrs. Claus along with their friends Rudolph, Frosty,
Gingerbread Boy, Raggedy Ann, Mousie, the elves, the Pocket Lady, as
well as the villains, Old Man Winter and Jack Frost. There is a short,
interactive Christmas play which invites children to sing along on stage
as well as an exciting villain chase through the audience. Parents are
encouraged to bring their cameras to capture all of the excitement as
well as a picture of their child with Mousie, Rudolph, or Santa.

/The Holiday Show/ will take place December 12th and 13th, with
performances at 1:00 and 3:30 each day. /The Gingerbread Tea/ sittings
take place half and hour before and after each show in the beautifully
decorated River Room on CVLT's second floor.

*TICKETS*
$6 for the show
$2 add-on per person for tea seating.
Each tea-time is limited to 60 guests, so early reservations are highly
recommended!

Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!/
Call 440-247-8955 or visit
http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/gingerbread.php

    */Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra
    Holiday Concert <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/cfso-holiday.php>/*

*December 23
**Wednesday at 7 PM *

*Conducted by Stephen A. Eva *

The Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra
<http://www.chagrinfallsstudioorchestra.org> will perform a Holiday
Concert on Wednesday, December 23, at 7 p.m., at the Chagrin Valley
Little Theatre. An annual tradition, the Holiday Concert features all of
your favorite carols and songs and is a wonderful treat for the entire
family.

Vocalists from the famed Opera Per Tutti <http://www.operapertutti.org/>
will join us on stage for Englebert Humperdinck's scores from the opera
Hansel and Gretel. Based on the classic tale by the Brothers Grimm, this
specially-formulated musical vignette is sure to please.

Sponsored by Hamlet Retirement Village
<http://www.hamletretirement.com/> and presented by the Studio Orchestra
and Chagrin Valley Little Theater.

*TICKETS
*$20 for adults and
$15 for children and students with a valid ID.

Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!/
Call 440-247-8955 or visit
http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/cfso-holiday.php

    */The Kid Inside:
    A New Year's Eve Musical Revue
    <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/newyear.php>/*

*December 31*
*Thursday at 8 PM *

As one decade ends and a new one begins, we are reminded of how time has
gone by. As we get older we tend to lose touch with our inner child, our
innocence and the simple pleasures and relationships we had as children.
CVLT invites you to revisit the joys of childhood, celebrating the new
year with the wide-eyed kid in each of us, through music and poetry.
Audiences will be treated to songs familiar and perhaps unfamiliar from
classics like /Free To Be You And Me/, /Sesame Stree/t, and the Disney
catalog, plus material from the worlds of pop music and musical theater.

/The Kid Inside/ features the vocal talents of Don Bernardo, Aubrey
Fisher, Gene Karlen, Pamela LaForce, Pat Mazzarino, Paula Pike, Andrew
Rothman, and Greta Rothman with musical direction by Bob Day.

The New Year's Eve musical event is followed by a reception at the
theatre, with a champagne toast and hors d'oeuvres included in the
ticket price. The show is family-friendly, and completed in plenty of
time for audience members to reach home or other party destinations by
midnight!

*TICKETS*
$25 all seats

Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!/
Call 440-247-8955 or visit
http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/newyear.php

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Follow us on Facebook!
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chagrin-Falls-OH/Chagrin-Valley-Little-Theatre/12134459483>
OACCAC
Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.