[NEohioPAL] Christmas musical this weekend in Canton

jsbodkin at email.com jsbodkin at email.com
Wed Dec 2 19:32:20 PST 2009

First Church of the Resurrection, 901 E Tuscarawas St, Canton Ohio is proud to present our Christmas musical production, I'll Be Home For Christmas.

Set in late 1941, I'll Be Home for Christmas is the story of the faith of a family, and a nation on the brink of World War II, preparing to celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace. Most of the action takes place in the main characters' home, with the choir providing music and drama as it is broadcast over the family radio. The music highlights the sounds of the '40s, including swing, lush ballads, and big band songs interspersed with reenactments of radio broadcasts during that time. Original music mixed with familiar Christmas favorites form the backdrop for this memorable dramatic musical. Book by Deborah Craig-Claar; music by Mark Hayes.

Performance dates are Friday, Dec 4th and Saturday, Dec 5th at 7:00 PM.  Doors will open 1/2 hour prior to each performance.  Admission is one non-perishable food item for the church food ministry.

For more information please contact the church office at (330) 453-1719.