[NEohioPAL] NCP Weekly Newsletter December 2nd, 09

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 3 09:49:27 PST 2009

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
December 2nd, 2009

THE LITTLEST ANGEL HAS ARRIVED!!!  Just in time for the holidays!  Family fun for everyone!  Reservations are going fast, so get yours very very soon!
Director Lisa Paynter heard that Santa Claus will attend the Dec. 6 - 4 pm performance, which has been set aside for the Girl Scouts!  Ho Ho Ho!!
Performance dates are only for two weekends, 5 shows a weekend.  Opening Night is this Friday at 7 pm, might be sold out at this time.  But we still have Saturdays at 2 and 4 pm and Sundays at 2 and 4 pm. This is for both weekend schedules.

ENCORE PLAYERS........will be performing tomorrow at Fieldcrest for the Amazing Grace ladies from Grace United Methodist Church....the actors  have worked very hard putting these shows together.
Rehearsals begin again on Dec. 30 and new members are always welcome! Elvis will become part of their repertoire for 2010!

"THE LIGHTBEARER" cast took the show on the road!!!
Cast members who performed "The Lightbearer" at NCP four years ago were asked by author Shane Riggs to travel to his hometown of Cumberland, Maryland to perform the play again to benefit a scholarship fund named for his sister Terry, who passed away from cancer.  Director Jay Spencer and cast members Era Lynn Tripp, Marie Grealis, Cheryl Smith and Stephanie Hester spent a lovely weekend seeing the sights in and around Cumberland that were featured so prominently in the play that was loosely based on family and friends of a Methodist church in nearby Ellerslie.  Shane made an excellent tour guide!  Everyone decided it would be great to go back and visit this quaint, historic area again some time.
By the way, the play was very well received!!!  Kudos for all!!

SECOND REMINDER

Era Lynn Tripp will be hosting her annual Christmas party on Dec. 27..at 3 pm....for the Encore Players (formerly the senior troupe)....bring a pot luck item (we love to eat) and we always have a good time!!
Half of the fun in attending is checking out all of her amazing and beautiful Christmas decorations!
More info?  Call the office...

SHOWS IN REHEARSAL:

DISNEY'S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, JR.......WOW!   what else is there to say??? they are working hard on making this an exceptionally wonderful show!

STRANGE SNOW.....started rehearsals for this production....to be held during the month of February.  Three fantastic actors:  Marci Saling, Ted Paynter and Mike Noble will delve into the complicated lives of two Vietnam veterans returning home from the war, trying to pick up the pieces of their lives....which, of course, is exactly what happened then and perhaps is happening now??
THIS is what theatre is all about....

Interested in the animals?
ATTEND the Coalition for Animal Concerns third annual Christmas party/Candlelight Ceremony to be held Wed. Dec. 9 at 7 pm at Grace United Methodist Church on Schneider Rd. in North Canton.
Remember, NCP has been a supporter of  the Coalition  since its inception almost 9 years ago.
This event is open to the public and we always need volunteers and foster homes.....

A HUGE THANK YOU TO everyone who supported the fund raiser/garage sale. Especially NCP for allowing us to use the Youth Theatre for our sale.  Many thanks to everyone who contributed to our sale...and a big thank you to the Akron people who donated so many goodies.  The volunteers were fantastic. Everyone was there when they promised to come and help...I cannot thank you all enough for your help...it would not have happened without you!!  We made a little under $1300 and all of the monies will be used for the animal programs....
Items left over were donated to the ReStore on Cleveland Ave. ...nothing went into the dumpster...
Nancy Ruble
Board member
Coalition for Animal Concerns

NORTH CANTON CHAMBER PARTY ...Dec. 9.....5:30 to 7:30 pm...to be held at the North Canton Medical Foundation....
Performers from The Littlest Angel will attend this function...."thanks for asking us to perform, Doug".......

Another reminder:  If you want something relevant posted in the newsletter, contact the office.

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!

Keep the Arts in your Prayers!!

Brenton Cochran                    Mary McManaway
Office Administrator                Artistic Director

AND check out the new website: www.northcantonplayhouse.com