[NEohioPAL] Indy Feature Film Auditions

George Butiri gbutiri at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 07:54:45 PST 2009

I agree with everyone. Until you make $50K per year as an actor or even producer, you're still an amateur. It's a freakin hobby, folks. The only reason I turned my "production company" into an LLC is for the tax savings (DUH). If you want a career, move to LA or NY. To anyone who expects to be paid more than fair wage in Cleveland... BWAHAHAHA! To anyone who wants to do this for fun, as a hobby, because you love the art, because you're into it, for self fulfillment, welcome to the club. "Producers", and I strictly imply the quotes, like myself, welcome anyone who wants to have fun making a movie. It's cops and robbers, cowboys and indians. Not 9-5, or 7AM-2AM the next day for $100. We're the weekend warriors of the film industry.

With that said, I think that the "producers" around here need to stop upselling themselves. Yes I used to do it as well. "Ooooh, I won a Telly, Ooooh I won a Communicator". More like, I paid for my Telly. I paid for my Communicator, and it's funny how my best work gets less awards than my worst work. Hm...

I would love to know what Jason Tomaric did to get C.L.One up for rental at Hollywood Video stores. That's a formula that I need to have to make it big time. I think that he actually had a budget (more than a measly $10K), went to LA, showcased it, and won. How many of the "producers" around here have actually attempted to even show their stuff in LA? Most of it would be laughable, myself included. Until then, I'm going to have fun creating art. Out of my own pocket, $10K at a time, to refine my skills. When I think that I'm ready for LA, I will follow my dreams out there.

Anyone else?
 George Butiri  ::  twomartinis.com  ::  Yahoo!IM gbutiri  ::  cell 440.364.1048