[NEohioPAL] Holmes: What did you expect?

Fenna Blue fennablue at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 22:13:24 PST 2010

Yes, it's "just another action movie," but what was it supposed to be?  Jude
Law, Robert Downey Jr., and Rachel McAdams are better actors than most
action movies allow.  It was a nice movie with some really good explosions,
great fights, and awesome costumes.  (I really, really want to make a bustle
skirt now!)  There was a little plot-via-exposition, but it could've been
worse, like, say, any given Harry Potter or Matrix movie.  I enjoyed Holmes'
deductions and always enjoy Jude Law or Rachel McAdams as eye candy.  If
you're the movie-going kind, Holmes is definitely worth the matinee price.
(No movie is worth full price.)  Is it going to win an oscar?  Definitely
not, but who cares?  It's called entertainment for a reason.