[NEohioPAL] Northeast Ohio Dance Calendar for January 2010 (Please forward)

medcalf216 at aol.com medcalf216 at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 10:13:40 PST 2010

Northeast Ohio Dance Calendar

January 2010

January 17/Verb Ballets
The program will include worksby Pamela Pribriso (Peter and the Wolf), Ulysses Dove (Vespers), Gary Pierce(Lady Be Good) and Hernando Cortez (Speed)
Breen Centerfor the Performing Arts, 2008 W.  30th Street, Cleveland, OH  44113.  Performance is Sunday, January 17, at 3pm. Advancedreserved seats are $25, with a $10 student rate, and are available by callingthe Breen Center for the Performing Arts at216.961.2560, or by ordering online at www.ignatius.edu/breencenter.  A $5 ticket-processing fee applies to each order.

January 22 and 23/GroundWorks DanceTheater
The program will include the World Premierof a commissioned work by internationally renowned choreographer DianneMcIntyre in collaboration with composer Olu Dara; Zvi Gotheiner (Delayed); andArtistic Director David Shimotakahara (Polarity).
Breen Centerfor the Performing Arts, 2008 W.  30th Street, Cleveland, OH  44113Performances are Friday and Saturday, 2010 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $22 GeneralAdmission; $15 for Students/Seniors.  Discount available for groupsof 10 or more when reserved in advance.  For tickets call the Breen Centerbox office at 216-961-2560 or log on to www.ignatius.edu/breencenter.

January 29and 30/Dance Cleveland and Tri-C presents the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane DanceCompany
Fondly Do We Hope…Fervently Do We Pray by Bill T. Jones
Showtime at High Noon:  January 29, 12pm-1pm, Ohio Theater, GeneralAdmission, Free
Evening Performance: January 30, 8pm, OhioTheater, Playhouse Square.  Ticket price range is $25-$50.  Visit www.dancecleveland.orgor call 216.991.9000 to purchase.

January29-31/Cleveland Public Theatre’s Big Box 10 presents Microphones and Megaphones
Microscopes and Megaphones presented by Whisperto a Scream: a feminist theatre company
Directed by Maura Haas. Microscopes & Megaphones is a collaborativeproject that uses dance, theatre, audio and visual arts to explore "theproblem that has no name" plaguing the modern woman today.
Ticketsare $12-$15.  Tickets may be purchased online atCptonline.org or by calling (216) 631-2727 extension 501, or in person at our box office.  James Levin Theatre, Cleveland PublicTheatre, 6415 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio.

The Northeast Ohio Dance Calendar is produced as a labour of love by MichaelMedcalf.  Please forward and help spread the joy of dance.  If there is anyone on this list who would liketheir name removed from this list please let me know.  If there is anyone or organization not onthis list and should be let me know that as well.  Thanks!!!
Michael D. Medcalf
Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Consultant
Performing Artist, Choreographer, Instructor
216.268.9558 c
216.688.0777 h