[NEohioPAL] Hot Lather Productions LLC set to premiere Cleveland-based sitcom “Julio”

Tom Loveman tom at lovemanmedia.com
Tue Jan 5 15:29:14 PST 2010

For Immediate Release
Media Contact: info at hotlatherproductions.com
216.246.2765

Hot Lather Productions LLC set to premiere Cleveland-based sitcom “Julio”

January 3, 2010 — Cleveland, OH  Cleveland-based Hot Lather Productions LLC announced the completion of the pilot episode of their new Internet sitcom “Julio.” Created, produced and set in Cleveland, the sitcom tells the story of Julio (Mike Goulis), a young, sexy, Puerto Rican tattoo artist who moves to Cleveland and sets up shop in the basement of his cousin Jose’s (Chuck French) barbershop.  Julio’s arrival complicates things for Jose, who can barely keeps things under control around the shop as it is. Between Tony (Don Mannarino), the mafioso wannabe barber who wants take over the shop, and Gustav (Lukas Roberts), the gossip-obsessed, gay barber in a desperate search for his soulmate, it's a wonder any hair actually gets cut.

The pilot episode, entitled “Trifecta,” will premiere online this month on at least a dozen video websites including FunnyorDie.com, collegehumor.com, break.com, Atom.com, Facebook.com and others.  Viewers can find more info, video clips, interviews and links on the “Julio” website at www.juliositcom.com.

Hot Lather Productions LLC is the creative development team of Trish Sgro and Tom Loveman.  “Julio,” is one of several TV shows and movies under development by their production company.

Mr. Loveman said that the goal of the pilot is to “show Hot Lather’s ability to create and produce entertaining content and secure financing and sponsorships to continue production of this show, and other projects in development, taking our company to the next level.”

Loveman, a self-professed TV and movie junkie, started producing indie films and music videos in 2003, several of which went on to win honors at film festivals around the world and, locally, two Telly Awards. “I felt I’d been a consumer of media long enough, and it was time to create something new and original.”

Sgro, a power-networker, watching the local film industry, felt there was a need to be filled in the entertainment industry that could be done locally in Cleveland.  “With all my business, it’s always been about seeing a need, and filling it,” says Sgro.  “And we’ve got really talented people in Cleveland...acting talent, crew, design, production...really anything you need to produce TV and film is already here.”

This is the first TV project for Sgro, who is the owner of several businesses, including International By Design Network, Inc., an international business consulting firm.  “My multi-cultural background and diverse client base help me create story ideas and characters,” says Sgro who, along with Loveman, created “Julio” and cowrote the pilot episode.  Sgro explains further, “there’s a part of me in each character in the pilot and there’s a part of Cleveland in each character.”  Hot Lather is proud of its Cleveland roots, both Loveman and Sgro are natives, and they show it in “Julio.”

Hot Lather won’t go into details regarding other projects in development, except to say they are shopping around a pilot script for an action/drama TV show and are writing an Iraq-themed personal drama.

About Hot Lather Productions LLC
Located in Cleveland, OH, Hot Lather Productions LLC seeks to make entertaining programs and movies that fill a need in underserved markets as well as bring originality to an industry that has rehashed everything ad nauseum.  Learn more at www.hotlatherproductions.com.