[NEohioPAL] NCP Weekly Newsletter January 8th, 2010

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 8 09:01:04 PST 2010

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
January 8th, 2010

HELLO EVERYONE....and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

WEEEEE'RRRRRE BACK!!!  Hopefully you missed us????  We missed communicating with all of you, but you know how the holidays are...complete CHAOS!!!  But FUN!!!!

I am sure everyone is aware that we have a fantastic production coming up???
Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, JR.
Opens:  January 2l - 3l, 2010.....Thursdays and Fridays at 7:30pm and Saturdays and Sundays at 2:30pm and 7:30pm, so please make your reservations soon, as these shows are filling up!!!
Call the office for reservations at (330) 494-1613 or purchase tickets online at www.northcantonplayhouse.com.
Tickets:  $l0.00 for all ages
This set is unbelievable....most of it came from Carousel Dinner Theatre and our crew is putting its own spin on making it a special set for NCP.  Thanks so much to the crew, especially DeLorna, Neil and Sarah Jane Toy...unbelievable creativity!!!  And the strong hunks who managed to get the set into the backstage of the theatre....that was unbelievable, too!!

SHOWS IN REHEARSAL:

STRANGE SNOW....a production based up two Vietnam veterans returning home....I think most of us remember that period of time during the 70's when we showed no respect for our returning soldiers??  This is a heavy drama (a lot of comedy, too).  For mature audiences due to strong language.  It will be performed in the Studio Theatre.
Featuring Marci Saling, Mike Noble and Ted Paynter....
Opening February 5.....mark your calendars for this outstanding drama!!
AUDITIONS:

Walsh University Genesius Drama Troupe will be holding auditions for AIDA, a musical by Elton John and Tim Rice on Jan. l9 and 20 in their Science Center.
This production will open at NCP March 19 for a two weekend run.

ANYTHING GOES....has been cast and will begin rehearsals soon.

FROM SCRIPT TO YOU 2010…. January 19th and 20th at 6:30pm at the NCP YOUTH THEATRE. Call (330) 324-0475 for more information.

ENCORE PLAYERS... rehearses every Wednesday in the Studio Theatre..anyone who loves to perform shows or musical revues in the community is welcomed to attend.  We meet  l to 3 pm....

ENCORE PLAYERS ...will perform their production of SEND ME NO FLOWERS again at Fieldcrest Lodge March 27....as a dinner theatre!! The senior shows are done with scripts in hand, after the first 5 minutes, you forget about the scripts, because these actors are GOOOOOOD!!!  Don't believe us?  Then come on over and check it out yourself!!!

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION FROM THE NCP BOARD:  Our goal is to continue to do good quality theatre, as we have for nearly 34 years.

Your NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION should be:  To continue to support NCP with your attendance!!
INTERESTED IN TRYING YOUR HAND AT DIRECTING? Jeremy Lewis is looking for a director for the “From Script to You 2010” festival in March! Contact him at Jeremy_Paul_Lewis at yahoo.com.

See you next week........

Keep supporting the ARTS!!!

Brenton Cochran                   Mary McManaway
Office Administrator              Artistic Director