[NEohioPAL] Why Acting Classes?

Jessica Houde houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 09:48:10 PST 2010

Houde School of Acting Classes

"Every
single class, I am brought to tears of laughter, joy, or sadness by the
other students.  I cannot express enough how much I take away from and
enjoy the class.  Jessica has taught me more in three months
than an entire faculty taught me in two years.  The professionalism,
strong sense of community, and benefit of the classes are all reasons
why I know that I will be a lifelong student!" ~Houde School of Acting
Student, Lindsay Baker

"I started taking classes to further my acting abilities because I'm constantly working on independent films
around here with groups like Big Jones Productions, Little Beth, Two
Martinis, One Star, VMCAD, commercials with Talent Group clients, and
occasionally theatre at Bang and Clatter.  I'm an ad account
manager/business owner by day so things like measurable/tangible
results are important to me without really knowing what classes would
do in such a subjective medium as acting, but after reading that all
the working actors in LA are constantly in class when not working even
though many are already great (but want to keep their skills sharp), I
decided to do it anyway.

Well,  I'm quite happy to say that based on the fact that I've been able to see most of the
 films I worked on before I started classes,  several I made right when I started class and was learning the Meisner technique,
and then those that I've recently worked on after about 10 months in
class,  I do indeed have the tangible results I was looking for/wasn't
sure I'd see and I (and others) can literally see myself having
improved over the last year, with a definite exponential growth in
ability in the past 5 months or so.  If you're an actor around here
that's also always working on films (and I know quite a few of you),
I'd sincerely suggest you come check out the school and literally SEE
the results for yourself; I've been told they're impressive."

Mike Goulis

"Jessica facilitates a learning environment that is both fun and professional.  Her passion for teaching and for the Meisner Technique shows during every class.  It is such a
privilege to have someone with her extensive knowledge and experience teaching classes in our area." ~Advanced Student, Kurt Yue

"I
have only been attending the Houde School of acting for a month and I
have already have learned so much from Jessica.... It is just a
wonderful place to be apart of. ~Beginner Student, Antonia Villalon.

"hey
Jessica. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed class, and i am thrilled
that you were able to identify my fatal flaw right away and nail it so
perfectly. I have been struggling with that for years and it's SO
frustrating. I feel like if I can finally fix it I can really reach all
of my potential. I'm so excited to work on it. Thank you!" Sarah
Edwards

          " I have enjoyed acting off and on for a long time ,
        ( I don't know where the time has gone ! )   I think we all are talented
and
if  you truly enjoy doing something , you have to address developing
your natural talents .  I am very happy to be one of  Jessica's
students
 my skills as an actors have improved under her guidance , and in her class
  you have freedom to grow and  learn .  I have been cast in some acting roles,
     in part due to being prepared ;  with 2 monolgue s  which  Jessica helped me
     select  and work on . And  one on one work with the scripts provided by
  my agent for auditions is
 an excellent way to prepare for  auditions , and
do the best I can."
                                       Thank You  Jessica for all of your help

                                                                              Frank  Conti

"The
houde school school of acting allows the actor to reach inside and
reveal truthfully their complex inner self.....Jessica's authentic love
for the art of acting and her students makes the school a welcoming
home to study."~HSA Student, Channing Jackson

 Monday's 7-9:30 Wednesday's 6:30-8:30 & Thursday's 7--9:30pm
Saturday's                         11:00-1:00pm
$120 per month, due on the first class of each month.  Classes are  ON-GOING.
*Pro-rated prices are available to students who start in the middle of the month.

Our adult Meisner Acting class is based on the Meisner technique
of "living truthfully under imaginary circumstances."  Students go
through a series of improv exercises that are designed to teach them
how to work off their partner, stay in the moment and out of their
head.  Along with Meisner's improv exercises, students work on
monologues, audition technique and emotional preparation to expand
their craft.  This class is opened to beginner to advanced student as
we find combining all actors in one class offers confidence,
inspiration and a good way for students to share their take on the
Meisner technique and the Cleveland acting scene.

Houde School of Acting offers your first class FREE.
To register please contact:
houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com or 330-348-1106