[NEohioPAL] Baldwin-Wallace College New Programs

Caroline Arendec carendec at bw.edu
Fri Jan 22 08:34:24 PST 2010

Baldwin-Wallace College Conservatory Outreach Department is proud to announce that Dalcroze Eurhythmics for children ages 3 to 6 is now being offered at our satellite locations with certified Dalcroze instructor, Nadia Tarnawsky .

Dalcroze Eurhythmics is the teaching of music through the use of body movement.  Rhythmic sense, listening, singing and muscular coordination are developed simultaneously through musical exercises in which the body is used as a musical instrument.  Exercises are accompanied and controlled by piano improvisation and are directly related to actual musical notation.

Classes are being offered in Medina at the Garfield North Building (formerly the Grace Drake Center) on Saturday afternoons starting February 13th, 2010;
1:30 - 2:00 pm             Ages 3 & 4 Beginner and Returning
2:00 - 2:45 pm             Ages 5 & 6 Beginner and Returning

We are also offering classes in combination with the Brecksville Center for the Arts.  Classes will be on Wednesday evenings at the Blossom Hill Complex starting February 10th, 2010;
4:30 - 5:00 pm             Ages 3 & 4 Beginner and Returning
5:00 - 5:45 pm            Ages 5 & 6 Beginner and Returning

For classes in Medina, call our offices at 440-826-8068 to register and for information.  For Brecksville, please call the Brecksville Center for the Arts to register, 440-526-6232 or our offices for information.

Please remember that private lessons on all instruments, including voice, are available through the Conservatory Outreach department in Berea.  We also offer select classes and private lessons at our satellite locations in Brecksville and Medina.  We are now accepting applications for our Summer Music Programs.  Please check out our website for information www.bw.edu/conservatoryoutreach.edu<http://www.bw.edu/conservatoryoutreach.edu>

Caroline Arendec
Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Director
of the Conservatory for External Affairs
Baldwin-Wallace College
440-826-2365