[NEohioPAL] auditions at Lake Erie College

doctor celery doctorcelery at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 07:59:43 PST 2010

Next week we will be having auditions!!

This term we have 2 exciting projects.  Auditions for both will be next week, Wednesday Feb 10 and Thursday Feb 11, at 5:30, with possible call backs on Friday Feb 12 at 5:30.

All auditions will be cold readings and improv.  Come dressed to play!

THE SHOWS!

This auditions are combined auditions for 2 theatre events.

In March we will be having a New Play Festival, featuring 4 short plays written by Lake Erie College students, and directed by students and volunteer alums.  (Also, the lighting will be done by students of our TH 315 Lighting Design class!).  The exact dates are March 19 and 20 at 7:30 and a matinee March 21 at 2:00.

The plays and number of roles are:

"Broken" by Joseph Fath (1m, 1w)

"Michael Smith" by Nic Grimsic (4m, 1 w)

"A Simple Lesson" by Danielle Pitrone (3m, 1w, 4x)

"Factory" by Jonathan Sweet (4m, 1w)

All parts will be based upon auditions and will be decided next week.

In April, we will be featuring our Spring Production, which is 2 contemporary dramas from New Zealand.  Neither of these plays have ever been done in the United States.  These will be directed by Dr. Jerry Jaffe, Assistant Professor of Theatre at Lake Erie College.  The exact dates are April 7,8, and 9 at 7:30 and a matinee April 10 at 2:00.

The plays and number of roles are:

"An Unseasonable Fall of Snow" by Gary Henderson (3 m)

"Chook Chook" by Fiona Farrell (4 w)

These auditions are open to the community, all are welcome.

If anyone has any questions, please contact Jerry at 440-375-7451 or jjaffe at lec.edu.

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators. We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale. Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny. An alligator one cent sale. In its own way it made sense." Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR