[NEohioPAL] The MAD* Factory is registering for spring classes!

The Mad Factory themadfactory2 at oberlin.net
Tue Feb 2 12:05:03 PST 2010

It is no too late to register for the spring semester! We will be accepting late registrations for February classes through February 10th. For registration information please call the MAD* Factory at 440-774-7062. Second child/second class 50% off. Scholarships are available to qualified applicants. Course decriptions are as follows:

Young Actors ~ Putting on a Play

 Ages 5-7

Mondays 5:30-7; February 1th-May 10th (no class March 29th)

Tuition:$140

It's never too early to start having fun on stage! In this introduction to acting, students will prepare and perform a short scripted piece that gives them the chance to learn about the different aspects of being in a play, and to have fun acting with other students! It will also help to build reading, speaking, and listening skills, all while improving confidence and encouraging creativity! We will perform our play at the end of the semester.

COMEDY IMPROV

Ages 9-18

Tuesdays 6:30-8:30; March 2nd-May 11th

(no class March 16th or March 30th)

Tuition:$100

Not only is improv an important concept for actors of all ages and skill levels, it's also a lot of fun!! We will cover a wide range of beginning and intermediate improv exercises and games that are designed to develop out of the box, spontaneous thinking. Students will participate in two-person and group scenes, while gaining confidence on stage. You don't need prior experience to have fun in this class! The class will culminate in a final performance for family and friends at the end of the semester.

RADIO PLAYS

Ages 8-12

Wednesdays 6:30-8:30; February 3rd-May 12th

(no class March 31)

Tuition:$140

Imagine having to act out a play, but nobody can see you--that's the idea behind radio drama, a popular and important form of entertainment before television came around and stole the spotlight! Students will work on a scripted piece and add their own Foley (sound) effects. Along with a radio play, students will write and perform their own short radio commercials. Best of all, the final performance will be broadcast live on the radio!!

MUSICAL COMEDY IMPROV

Ages 9-18

Thursdays 6:30-8:30; March 4th-May 13th

Tuition: $100

Do you love to sing AND be silly? Then this is the class for you! We will combine the basic principles of both comedy improvisation and music to play some of the wackiest music-based comedy improv games out there. For good measure, our music games will be interspersed with non-music games, so students can experience two different types of improv genres! Students will perform a selection of games for family and friends at the end of the semester.

 Linda Michalak, Executive Director
The MAD* Factory
*Music, Art & Drama
39 S. Main St., Suite 310