[NEohioPAL] A Masquerade Dance & Carnevale - This Saturday!

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Feb 3 14:45:04 PST 2010

<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/>The Confused
Greenies invite you all to our
<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2010-02-06_Masquerade.html>Second
Annual Masquerade Dance and Carnevale!

This Saturday, February 6, come to
<http://wiki.case.edu/Thwing_Center>Thwing
Center's Excelsior Ballroom
(<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=11111+Euclid+Avenue,+44106&sll=41.497328,-81.593674&sspn=0.011571,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=11111+Euclid+Ave,+Cleveland,+Cuyahoga,+Ohio+44106&ll=41.506906,-81.607904&spn=0.01157,0.01929&z=16>11111
Euclid Avenue) on the Case Western Reserve
University campus in Cleveland beginning at
7:00pm to enjoy the festivities of a Masked Ball!

Entertainment will be provided by various members
of the community including The Confused Greenies
with an encore performance of the Sixteenth
Century comedy,
<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2010-02-06_The-Lord-Who-Was-Believed-Dead.html>The
Lord Who Was Believed Dead by i Gelosi at 8:00pm
(<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2010-01-30_The-Lord-Who-Was-Believed-Dead.html>the
premiere was staged last Saturday at the Festival
of Fools).  We are looking for additional
entertainment from anyone interested - musicians,
jugglers, dancers, pretty much anything! But
please note the Dance is being sponsored by the
student chapter of The Confused Greenies and
their limited budget does include paying for any
entertainment so please offer accordingly.

Dances will happen throughout the evening from
classical Italian madrigals fitting for a
masquerade to modern hits of the current taste to
songs as foolish as The Confused Greenies!
Italian cuisine, desserts, and various food will
be provided by La Dolce Vita, the Italian
cultural student group.  And don't forget about contests throughout the night!

If you have a mask or costume, please bring
it!  But if you don't, stop by our mask making
table to design and build one of your very own to keep!

And everything - from the performances to the
food to the masks - is absolutely free to both
CWRU student and those from the greater community.

We would look forward to seeing you all this
Saturday at 7:00pm but we expect we'll see you
behind your wonderful Carnevale masks instead!

foolishly yours,
--Jess

Jess Rudolph (Niccolò Bartolazzi), Capocomico of
the Patchwork Players Productions:
The Confused Greenies - the Greatest, Loudest,
and Most Pompous Commedia dell'Arte troupe at Case Western Reserve University
i Verdi Confusi - the Greatest of the Newest
Commedia dell'Arte troupe in Northern Oaken of the Midrealm

http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/

-a hungry, hapless, and hopeful harlequin