[NEohioPAL] ODDYFEST THIS SUNDAY: "CROSS-CULTURES" @ 3 p.m.

Oddy Festival oddyfest at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:06:15 PST 2010

Please consider joining OddyFest for our first-ever Sunday matinee,
"Cross-Cultures", or, as we like to call it, "What Pre-Game?"

The madness starts at 3 p.m. with a Joe Barone song set sung by Liz Huff
that includes such pushing-the-envelope hits as "Amanda Knox" and "Gin".
Then we have two zany plays, "Anthropology/Verhandahs" by Matt Greenfield
and "The Master of Every Situation" by Ian Adler.  And that's not all!  We
also have Cat Kenney's "Not Exactly a Palindrome" and a truly bizarre show
stopper that will leave you... leaving.  It's all FREE in MTG Rm. B of the
Cleveland Heights Library (2345 Lee Road).  Hope to see you there!  Don't
forget to arrive early and park on the street, as Sunday is the library's
busiest day...

*Cross-Cultures: OddyFest #18*

* *

*OddyFest’s February program of Sunday matinees*

*investigates culture clashes around the globe:*

*“Anthropology/Verandahs” by Ian Adler*

A husband-and-wife pair of early-20th century anthropologists

attempt to document the “native culture” of Africa from their verandah,

while the “natives” have their own plans and the tables

will turn in more ways than one.

*“The Master of Every Situation” by Matt Greenfield*

A fortune cookie bearing the title phrase prompts an American

schlmazel to drop everything and fly to London to attempt

to connect with a late-nite BBC anchor.

*PLUS a few Oddy surprises!*

Interspersed in this cross-cultural programming will be a few songs

from Oddy Music Director Joe Barone, a short Cat Kenney piece, and an
Adlerian postmodernistic experiment or three (featuring girl scouts on
2/7!).

*The Odd SUNDAYS:*

*Sunday, February 7 / Sunday, February 21*

*Show starts at 3:00*

* *

*MEETING ROOM B*

*of the Cleveland Heights Library, Lee Road Branch*

*(2345 Lee Road, just next to the stairs)*

*FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!*

--
Matt Greenfield
The Oddy Festival