[NEohioPAL] An Oscar Opinion

Christopher Fortunato learnedhand at live.com
Tue Feb 2 10:21:22 PST 2010

Not to mention that the ratings for the program keeps going down AND receipts at movie theatres have been down as well.

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:38:21 -0800
From: ensemble-theatre at sbcglobal.net
To: neohiopal at listserve.com; rhhawkes at gmail.com
Subject: [NEohioPAL] An Oscar Opinion

Preecisely, Robert, Precisely!!

The world, with our American culture, at the head of the column,
has become enthralled with the IMAGE - certainly not the substance or
the content. Every day we blow more breath into the beast and,
of course, its appetite is insatiable.

What has happened to the 'People of the Book?'

Yes, we are eating the Chipotle burrito with the aluminum foil wrap.
because we have lost that quality that distinguished high cultures
- separating the wheat from the chaff.There is such a vast amount
of chaff out there that we spend most of our precious time, seeking
the few 'crumbs' that are spiritually edible - that are not egregious and
outrageous insults and offenses to the innocent human spirit.

Let them award their gold tinsel to the sycophants.
Those that truly know. . . . . .know better.

As the quotation truly remarks,
"Do not cast your pearls before swine"

Martin Cosentino