[NEohioPAL] NCP Weekly Newsletter 2/9/10

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 9 11:43:31 PST 2010

WEEKLY
NEWSLETTER

February 9th, 2010

Amidst many many
tears, DISNEY’S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST JR.
closed this weekend to rave reviews and full houses!!  Thanks to everyone
for their support, especially the parents of the cast and crew....I am sure
there were some hardships juggling schedules to include a third weekend....it
was amazing to me that the whole cast agreed unanimously to do a third
weekend!!

KUDOS TO
EVERYONE...CAST....CREW....PARENTS and to all of you who came to see this
beautiful production!!

Many Kudos to my Walsh kids for pitching in and tackling backstage work for
BEAUTY!!  I am so proud of all of you....Andrea, Michelle, Melanie, David
and Laina.

OPENING FRIDAY, FEB. 12

STRANGE SNOW.....the comedy drama
dealing with two Vietnam
veterans and their return to civilian life to pick up the
pieces....three very talented actors will portray Megs and Dave and Martha,
David's sister...

This production has a three weekend run, ending Feb. 27.  No Sunday
matinee on the last weekend.

Call office for reservations....Seating in the Studio Theatre is
limited....

SHOWS IN REHEARSAL:

Jeremy Lewis is in rehearsal for FROM
SCRIPT TO YOU 2010, which opens soon after Strange Snow closes, in the
Studio Theatre.

ANYTHING GOES rehearsals are already in
progress.  Brenton Cochran directing this production.....has he come up
for air yet, I ask?????  oh and yes, he is deeply involved in AIDA, our Walsh
University production opening March l9 at NCP.

I NEVER SAW ANOTHER BUTTERFLY Workshop
begins this week...two openings left!!

Lisa Paynter will be directing two workshops of BUTTERFLY, which is the story of children who survived the Holocaust at
the Terezin camp.  This is a wonderful educational workshop for all
children, as we must never forget what happened during WW2...

ENCORE PLAYERS will perform Wed.
February l0 at St. Luke's....the ladies have been working very hard to perfect
their acting, singing and dancing skills....BREAK A LEG!!! ladies!!

AUDITIONS:

Sunday, Feb. l4 at 6 pm.....THE CRUCIBLE.....parts
available for 20 actors, many different ages.....  Contact Marci Saling, Director
at 330.814.1661....

DID YOU KNOW.....

Our production from a few years ago, THE
LIGHTBEARER,  is being revived for a one weekend run (Feb l9) at the
Kathleen Howland theatre in downtown Canton...the actors are from NCP...Era
Lynn Tripp, Cheryl Smith, Stephanie Hester and Marie Graelis and a guest
actress flying in from Maryland
to round out the cast....they would appreciate your support!!

North Canton Chamber event Wednesday at Fred Astaire Dance Studio in North
Canton....5-7 pm.

and

New Works Foundation event Feb. l8 at the Hoover Bldg....4-7:30 pm....

call Vicki Stanley for more information.....330-323-5745

Would you like to help your community theatre??  We are always looking for
volunteers, especially ushers, concession stand, house managers....someone to
push a broom around????  If this is YOU,
call the office and leave your name for Mary....I will contact you.....

Interested in doing backstage work???  Or even onstage work??  Well,
give us a call.....we can't read your mind, so pick up your phone and chat with
our office manager, Brenton....

AND

check out our YouTube commercial for Strange Snow...link listed below

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthCantonPlayhouse

check out CTC What's Happening
in Stark County on YOuTube...NCP is
featured as well as the Coalition for Animal Concerns...link listed below

http://www.youtube.com/user/communitycalendar

AND always check out our
website....lots of info about NCP!!!

www.northcantonplayhouse.com

KEEP THE ARTS ALIVE!!!

Brenton Cochran
   Mary McManaway

Office Administrator            Artistic Director