[NEohioPAL] 1/2 PRICED TICKETS - TRI-C METRO'S "THE LARAMIE PROJECT"

Manphred Perry fjpziggy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 08:53:44 PST 2010

Not only are we offering ½ priced tickets, but we will quadruple your
savings by providing two-for-one tickets.

 <http://www.tri-c.edu/campuses/metro/Pages/maps.aspx> Metropolitan Campus
Theatre 10

2900 Community College Avenue, Cleveland

·         February 26, and 27 at 8 p.m.

·         February 28 at 2 p.m.

·         March 3, 4, and 5 at 8 p.m.

CAST INCLUDES:

·         Charles Weyer

·         Liz Roccoforte

·         Justin Robinson

·         Jason Jackson

·         Robert Farmer

·         Hannah Howard

·         Tiffany Thomas

THE LARAMIE PROJECT

BY Moises Kaufman and the Members of the Tectonic Theatre Project

Directed by Brian Bethune, Ph.D.

Time Magazine – “One of the best plays of the year.  A pioneering work of
theatrical reportage and a powerful stage event.”

Associate Press “Astonishing.  Not since Angels in America has a play
attempted so much: nothing less than an examination of the American psyche
at the end of the millennium.”

In October 1998 a 21 year old student from the University of Wyoming was
kidnapped, severely beaten and left to die, tied to a fence in the middle of
the prairie outside Laramie, WY.  He was not discovered until the next day,
and died several days later.  His name was Matthew Shepard, and he was the
victim of this assault because he was gay.  Moises Kaufman and members of
the Tectonic Theatre Project made six trips to Laramie over the course of a
year and a half in the aftermath of the beating and during the trial of the
two young men accused of killing Shepard.  They conducted more than 200
interviews with the people of the town.  Some people interviewed were
directly connected to the case, and others were citizens of Laramie; the
breath of their reactions to the crime is fascinating.  Kaufman and the
Tectonic Theatre members have constructed a deeply moving theatrical
experience from these interviews and their own experience.  The Laramie
Project is a breathtaking collage that explores the depths to which humanity
can sink and the heights of compassion of which we are capable.

Tickets are: $10 General, $8 Students and seniors – ½ off & two-for-one
tickets!

Ticket sales are at the door or call 216 987-4211 for reservations