[NEohioPAL] Siamese Cat needs good home

amylynp at oh.rr.com amylynp at oh.rr.com
Sat Feb 27 15:36:33 PST 2010

I desperately need help finding a home for a stray cat I have been feeding and caring for since last spring.  This cat has lived outside, but has spent many winter nights on my back porch.  He wants to come into the house, but I took in another stray in September and the two cats did not get along.

Rocky is a longhair tabby point siamese male, approximately 2 years old according to the vet.  Rocky has been an outdoor stray in our neighborhood for a while now, but is a little too aggressive (because he has been living outside, fighting for his own food and territory) for me to bring into my home with my other two cats.  He showed up at my door last week with a terrible open neck wound from fighting with another animal.  On Monday I was able to coax him into a carrier and got him to the vet.  Trying to do the right thing by this stray cat and following the vet's advise, I went ahead and had him neutered, vaccinated, and tested.  His wounds were drained, he received an antibiotic shot and a round of revolution.  All this was done so that he could be released back to the outside world.  When I picked up Rocky the following day, I was told he tested positive for feline aids.  Naturally, I have been extremely upset by this news and have desperately been trying to find help to find this cat a permanent home.  The local rescue groups have informed me that there is little hope of him getting adopted.  The animal protective league will take him, only to put him to sleep.

This cat is living on my enclosed back porch right now.  He is litterbox trained, eats hard food, enjoys treats, and loves to have his head, neck, and cheeks pet. He's very playful and loving once he warms up to you.  He's nervous at first, but who can blame him since he's obviously been thrown out already.   He wants to come into the house, but unfortunately I can't risk infecting my other cats.  Everything I have read indicates that this cat still has a life worth saving, he just needs a chance in a home where he can be an only cat.  I can't keep him on my porch forever, but I'm hoping he'll stay there a few more days so that his wound can hopefully have more time to heal.  He is absolutely beautiful and just needs a second chance.  He can live a normal life if he is kept indoors, in fact, the vet told me she has had her infected cat for 10 years now and she knows another woman whose infected cat is 19 years old.  He will not require alot of vet care, as there is no cure for feline aids and I have already covered the basics.  This disease can only spread to other cats, not dogs, rabbits, etc.  So, obviously, he needs to be in a home where he is an only cat.

Please, please, please help me find a loving home for this beautiful animal.  If you can't take him, please ask your family and friends.  Let me know if you or anyone you may know would be willing to open their heart and their home to Rocky.