[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Symphony Next Concert Series

James Traxler jtraxbay at oh.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 12:11:19 PST 2010

Fresh off our successful Symphonic Concert this past weekend, the TrueNorth
Symphony is now gearing up for our next two concert series.

On March 26 & 27 we will be performing with the TrueNorth Chorale the Joseph
Martin "Song of the Shadows," a well-known Tenebrae work that many of you
have played before.  We will do one orchestral piece, to be announced
depending on the personnel I can get for this concert.  I would love to do
Wagner's "Good Friday Spell" from Parsifal, but it requires a full orchestra
to pull it off.  I welcome solos and ensembles to audition to perform at
this concert as well.  Rehearsals begin this Monday, March 8 at the French
Creek Nature Center in Sheffield Village.

On May 21/22/23 we will perform three really exciting and challenging works:
the Northeast Ohio premier of Joseph Martin's "Song of Wisdom," based on the
children's book "Old Turtle."  The second work is "Peter and the Wolf".
Although both these works are program music based on children's books, the
music is quite challenging for both pieces.  The third work will be
Vivaldi's "Winter" Concerto, with our very own Sarah Becker as the soloist.
(I know, I know, it will be spring by then.)  Rehearsals for this concert
begin on April 12.

We rehearse at 7:15 on Monday nights at French Creek Nature Center, 4530
Colorado Ave.(Route 611), Sheffield.  Check us out on our brand new upgraded
web site, www.TNCArts.org.

If you have not played with us before, an informal audition is required.
Informal means play something of your choice (3-4 minutes) and I will ask
you to sight read something of moderate difficulty.  Contact me to let me
know you are coming, and come at 6:45 to audition, then stay for the
rehearsal.  There are virtually unlimited openings for strings, and limited
slots open for woodwinds, brass, and percussion.  This is a volunteer
orchestra performing original scores of all works, i.e. not watered-down
arrangements.

Jim Traxler

Director, TrueNorth Symphony

 <mailto:jtraxbay at oh.rr.com> jtraxbay at oh.rr.com