[NEohioPAL] Benjaimin Zander lecture and concerts

Brian Del Bianco ilbasso at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 10:43:34 PST 2010

For those of you that are not familiar with Mr. Zander's work, I encourage you to research him a bit.  He is the only conductor I know of that encourages feedback and SUGGESTIONS from the musicians of the orchestra.  I would encourage everybody to attend his talk.  Read on:

The Akron Symphony invites students and educators to experience the music and wisdom of one of
the most engaging conductors and teachers of our time – renowned Mahler expert Maestro Benjamin Zander.

Tickets for the March 20 & 21 performances are currently available for students
at half price, from $10 to $25 ea.

Student rush tickets will also be available at the door one hour prior to the start of each concert for $5 ea.

EVEN BETTER...

Maestro Zander will present a talk, “Experiencing The Art of Possibility,” on Thursday, March 18 at the Cleveland Institute of Music’s Kulas Hall at 4:15 PM. Zander, co-author of the best-selling book The Art of Possibility, is known throughout the world as a speaker (including The World Economic Forum at Davos and the famed TED conference) with his exuberant message of music as a transformational tool and a metaphor for leadership. The talk is free and open to the public.

All students attending the CIM talk will receive a voucher for a FREE ticket to
the March 21 performance at Severance Hall.  Seating is limited and

available on a first-come, first-served basis.

To RSVP for the March 18 CIM talk, send an e-mail to Renee Anthony Dee,
Director of Artistic Planning at the Akron Symphony (rdee at akronsymphony.org)

To pre-order tickets for March 20, call (330) 535-8131

To pre-order tickets for March 21, call (800) 686-1141

© Akron Symphony | 17 N. Broadway | Akron, Ohio | 44308
Tel: 330-535-8131 | Fax: 330-535-7302