[NEohioPAL] New Cabaret Series at the Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater

Tim Anderson, Education Director education at broadview-heights-spotlights.org
Thu Mar 11 19:52:27 PST 2010

SPOTLIGHTS' NEW CABARET SERIES

The Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater is pleased to announce its new Cabaret Series which brings some of the best talent from the greater Cleveland area to the Spotlights' stage for one-weekend only runs.  Each Cabaret Series performance begins at 7:00PM at the Broadview Heights Cultural Arts Building (9543 Broadview) next to the Police Department on the Broadview Center Campus.  Tickets are $5 and proceeds from the Cabaret Series benefit the Spotlights' Education Program.

Ticket Packages are also available for patrons that plan on attending all five Cabaret Series performances.

"We looked at our season schedule and saw that between our main stage shows, our space wasn't being used.  We're unique in the fact that we have our own performing space, so the Cabaret Series was an idea to bring top-notch talent to the community and give local performers a unique, intimate venue in which to perform," says Tim Anderson, Education Director for the Spotlights.  "It is our hope that citizens will take advantage of having affordable, phenomenal entertainment right in their backyard so that we can continue the Series next year."

Interested performers were asked to submit a cabaret proposal last November, and over 20 applications were received.  Those selected represent a diverse group of entertainers.  The 2010 Cabaret Series line-up includes:

Natalie Green and John Doyle: The Way It Is
March 25 - 27
Cleveland Area Performer Natalie Green has been seen on stage at many Northeastern Ohio venues including the Beck Center and Pickwick and Frolic.  Accompanied by long-time friend, John Doyle, Natalie will perform songs from her repertoire including classic standards, Broadway, and pop music.

Cabaret Sampler
featuring Amy DeAngelis, Jacyln Phelps, Tara Shooks, Shane Stahl, and Nicole Velotta
June 18 & 19
Starring many familiar faces from the Spotlights' stage, the Cabaret Sampler will showcase the talents of five incredible vocalists, each telling their unique story.

Lora Workman & Monica Olejko: Confessions of Two Middle-Staged Party Girls
August 13 & 14
Two of the hardest working actresses in Cleveland bring an evening of comedy to the suburbs in this hysterical two-woman show.

The Kaputska Brothers Extraordinary Magical Extravaganza
November 5 & 6
Polish magicians Amil Kaputska and his sidekick brother, Boobutski Kaputska will bring their traveling magic show for adults to Broadview Heights.

Vince Robinson & The Jazz Poets
December 10 & 11
This quintet will surely help you escape from the hassle of holiday shopping with a laid-back night of smooth Jazz and inspiring, original poetry.

For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit http://www.broadview-heights-spotlights.org or call 440/526-4404 to make a reservation.