[NEohioPAL] Auditions for New Play at Kent State Stark

Ansley Valentine ansleyv at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 14:07:47 PDT 2010

 The Theater at Kent State Stark is looking to cast an actor to play SARA, a 20-29 year old woman in MARROW, a new play by student Mark Dottavi. We have a full cast and must replace one person. This is a big, dynamic role with many surprises for an actor with strong acting ability.

Show dates are April 29 & 30 at Kent State Stark, 6000 Frank Rd NW in North Canton. Rehearsals are VERY flexible. Email mdottavi at kent.edu to set up an audition. We will accept submissions until the role is cast.

Plot synopsis: MARROW is a dark comedy/drama that follows Maggie, a neurotic middle-aged woman going to morally dubious lengths to find a bone marrow donor for her dying sister. While Maggie deals with both her family and her increasingly bizarre relationship problems, her nephew Joel and his best friend Sara are trying to hide a secret that could have enormous consequences for them both. That is, until a mysterious stranger arrives to make sure that nothing stays forgotten. MARROW is about the decisions we make and the people we use in the process...and how those choices can come back to haunt us in the most unexpected ways.

Ansley Valentine
Director of Theatre
Kent State at Stark