[NEohioPAL] Value The Meal ~ Needs You!

kishia.williamson at sbcglobal.net kishia.williamson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 19 17:01:44 PDT 2010

Hey folks,

I just wanted to give you the heads up about a great volunteer opportunity with Corporate Accountability International and the Value [the] Meal Campaign.

Value [the] Meal is a national campaign challenging corporate control of our food system, focusing on how the fast food industry is driving an epidemic of diet-related disease, particularly among children.

The fast food industry spends billions of dollars on ad campaigns to aggressively market to our children, making them develop unhealthy eating habits for life. As a result, one in three children born in the year 2000 is predicted to suffer from type-2 diabetes in their lifetime. Everyone needs access to enough affordable, healthy food and these marketing practices are a roadblock that, once removed, can ensure a healthier future for generations to come.

On March 31st, Corporate Accountability International will be launching the newest phase of its Value [the] Meal campaign working to turn the tide on childhood obesity and needs your help to spread the word here in Cleveland.

It's going to be fun and have a huge impact!

If you're interested in volunteering to help out in Cleveland, please send an e-mail to John Stewart, National Organizer with Corporate Accountability at jstewart at stopcorporateabuse.org.