[NEohioPAL] Karamu's Eclipse:The War Between Tupac and B.I.G.

Vivian Wilson vwilson at karamu.com
Mon Mar 22 06:36:44 PDT 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE- Monday, March 22, 2010

Karamu House presents  Eclipse: The War Between Pac and B.I.G.  written by
Michael Oatman and directed by Tony Sias March 26 - April 18, 2010 in
Karamu's Arena Theater.

Cleveland playwright Michael Oatman's thought provoking piece first read at
Fusion Festival and work shopped on stage through Karamu's Ghostlight Series
in 2009 hits the stage again in a reworked, three character drama with Tupac
Shakur, Suge Knight and Biggie Smalls.  The play examines the last two days
of the rapster's life as he meets with his rival (aka the Notorious B.I.G.).

Tony Sias directs Jonathan Jackson as Tupac, Michael Brown as Biggie Smalls
and Kenny Parker as Suge Knight in this dramatic piece.  Come and witness
the emotion.

Preview night is Thursday March 25 at 7:30 pm; ticket cost is $8.00.

Opening night is Friday, March 26 and the curtain time 8:00 p.m.

Regular performances are Thursday thru Saturday at 8:00 pm and Sundays at

3:00 pm

Tickets are $15.00 on Thursday and Sunday and $20.00 on Friday and Saturday.
Group, senior and student discounts are available.

This play has strong adult language and content.

Karamu House is located at 2355 East 89th Street, Cleveland Ohio. Tickets
may be purchased via Karamu's website at www.karamuhouse.org or via the box
office at (216) 795-7070.

Karamu House Inc. is supported in part by The Cleveland Foundation, The
George Gund Foundation, The Ohio Lottery, the Ohio Arts Council and is
generously funded by Cuyahoga County Residents through Cuyahoga Arts and
Culture.

                                                                        ###