[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Presents "Rainmaker"

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 17:37:23 PDT 2010

Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round presents "Rainmaker", by N. Richard
Nash, directed by Pat Price.
This classic play, set in the drought-ridden West, tells the story of
spinsterish Lizzie Curry (Judy MacKeigan), who has just returned from a trip
to visit cousins, undertaken with the failed expectation that she would find
a husband.    Further matchmaking attempts with the local deputy, the
introverted File (Jeff Caja),  are thwarted.  The arrival of a charming
confidence trickster named Starbuck (Ray Ewers) promising to bring rain in
exchange for $100 sets off a series of events which enable Lizzie to see
herself in a new light.   Humor is mixed with genuine human drama in this
satisfying play. Rounding out the cast are Claude Coller, Jonathan McCleery,
Paul Nelson, and Jonathan O'Toole.

Performances are at 8 p.m. on April 15, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30; May 1, with 3
p.m. matinees on April 18, 25; May 2.

Tickets are $12.00 each or $10.00 each for groups of 15 or more and may be
reserved by calling the box office at 440-988-5613.

Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middle Ridge Road
in Amherst, and our mezzanine area is wheelchair accessible. Check out our
website at www.workshopplayers.com.

--
"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"