[NEohioPAL] Forever Plaid, Tim Conway, Auditions, Youth Theatre - April News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Thu Apr 1 07:37:08 PDT 2010

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _April 2010 Updates
  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

    * *Happening in April...*
          o *April 16 - May 8 * - /Forever Plaid
            <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/foreverplaid.php>/ (musical comedy)
          o *April 10 - May 8* - Spring Youth Theatre
            <http://www.cvlt.org/youth> (Registration still open!)

    * * Auditions in April ...* (www.cvlt.org/auditions.php
      <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php>)
          o /The Dixie Swim Club
            <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/dixieswim.php>/ (comedy/drama) -
            *Auditions April 6 & 7*

    * *Coming Soon...*
          o *May 2 & May 3* - Auditions for /The Producers
            <http://cvlt.org/auditions.php>/ (musical comedy)
          o *May 7 through May 2 * - /A Life In the Theatre
            <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/alifeinthetheatre.php>/ (comedy)
          o *May 14 & May 15 * - /Camelot: a Chagrin Falls Studio
            Orchestra concert <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/cfso-camelot.php>/
    *

    * *Other Important News & Notes...*
          o *TIM CONWAY UPDATE
            <http://www.cvlt.org/80thSeason/conway.php>:* Many of you
            have asked for more detail about Tim Conway's appearance at
            CVLT. We are pleased to confirm that Tim will be in Chagrin
            Falls for performances at CVLT on */Tuesday, June 8 and
            Wednesday, June 9/*. Ticket sales will be opened through the
            CVLT Box Office as early in April as possible after
            arrangements are completed!

          o *TAKE OUR ONLINE SURVEY
            <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WTD3MG5>:* We want to know
            more about who you are and what CVLT can do to entertain and
            enlighten you. Not only does this information help us make
            decisions about running the theatre, but it also helps us to
            find grants and inform foundations about our work. Please
            take a minute to give us your input!
            <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WTD3MG5>

          o *EARN $1 For CVLT
            <http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/chagrin-valley-little-theatre-cvlt>:
            *Install the free CVLT GoodSearch Toolbar
            <http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/chagrin-valley-little-theatre-cvlt>
            between *April 6th at 9am EST and April 9th* and CVLT gets
            $1! (If everyone on this mailing list downloaded it, it
            could pay the band for a musical!) Once installed, the free
            toolbar not only gets you valuable coupons, but you'll raise
            money for CVLT automatically whenever you use it to search
            the web or buy from most major web retailers.

          o *GET YOUR BRICK PAVERS <http://www.CVLT.org/bricks>:* The
            weather is warming and we'll soon be ready to install more
            engraved pavers in our sidewalk - see
            http://www.cvlt.org/bricks <http://www.CVLT.org/bricks> to
            get your custom engraved brick paver order in before the
            next round begins.

    */Forever Plaid <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/foreverplaid.php>/*

    *a musical comedy by Stuart Ross *

*Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM
April 16 - May 8
Sundays at 2 PM
April 25 & May 2 *

*Directed by Pamela LaForce
Conducted by David Markle *

One evening in 1964, The Plaids, a quartet of high-school buddies who
sang 1950s male harmony in the vein of 'The Four Freshmen' and 'The Four
Aces', were on their way to their first big performance at a local
hotel, when their car was struck by a bus-load of school girls on their
way to see The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. The quartet's lives and
musical careers were put to a swift and ironically metaphorical end.
Now, they've been sent back to earth to do the show that they never got
to perform!

Stuart Ross's Forever Plaid was an off-Broadway hit in 1990, which has
since become an international sensation. It includes such unforgettable
tunes as "Three Coins in the Fountain", "Moments to Remember", "Chain
Gang", "Perfidia", "Love is a Many Splendored Thing" and more!

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre's production features:

    * Chad Duwe as "Jinx" (the nervous tenor)
    * Trey Gilpin as "Sparky" (the goofball baritone)
    * Brandon Hood as "Frankie" (the spirited leader)
    * Steven R. Tiderman as "Smudge" (the meek but earnest bass).

*TICKETS: *$18 regular admission - $14 students and seniors

Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!/
Call 440-247-8955 or visit
http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/foreverplaid.php

Join us on Facebook!
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chagrin-Falls-OH/Chagrin-Valley-Little-Theatre/12134459483>

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.